All you need to know before you go for a hair transplant surgery
Are you seriously considering undergoing a hair transplant surgery? If yes, then look nowhere else for we bring you a list of things you need to keep in mind before you go ahead.health and fitness Updated: Jul 21, 2016 17:05 IST
Are you seriously considering undergoing a hair transplant surgery? If yes, then look nowhere else for we bring you a list of things you need to keep in mind before you go ahead.
Sanjay Parashar, a consultant plastic surgeon, reveals everything about the procedure that you need to know:
* The procedure should be performed in an accredited and well equipped medical centre with proper sterility and surgery protocols.
* Only a team of qualified and licensed doctors and technicians should be involved.
* The patient must be evaluated clinically and medically thoroughly to ensure he or she is an ideal candidate and healthy enough to undergo the procedure.
* All medications including local anaesthesia should be administered by qualified doctors after checking the content and expiry dates, and in a controlled manner.
* Continuous monitoring of the patient is mandatory by using pulse oximetry to measure oxygen levels throughout the procedure and blood pressure monitoring.
* FUT i.e. strip harvesting (a way in which hair is harvested) should be performed by a surgeon qualified in managing scalp wounds, not even a general physician.
* FUE i.e. follicular harvesting (a way in which hair is harvested) should be performed either by a surgeon, dermatologist or a qualified allopathic medical doctor.
* Hair grafting should be performed by qualified and trained medical technicians under direct supervision of the doctors.
* The patient should be discharged after proper monitoring and assessment by the senior qualified doctor.
* Regular follow up protocol should be undertaken to ensure safe and effective outcome of the procedure.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.