Malaika Arora Khan comes up with fitness DVD
Malaika Arora Khan is putting her item number expertise to good use. The Munni Badnaam Hui star reveals that her upcoming fitness DVD will incorporate dancercise routines too.health and fitness Updated: Mar 17, 2012 18:12 IST
Malaika Arora Khan is putting her item number expertise to good use. The Munni badnaam hui star reveals that her upcoming fitness DVD will incorporate dancercise routines too. “I’ve always wanted to do this, because I’m obsessed with yoga,” she reveals, adding, “The DVD will mainly talk about how to incorporate yoga sessions into your daily routine, and how you can dance your way to fitness.”
Pointing out that Indian women are intimidated by the concept of going to the gym, she says, “They get too caught up with their home life, juggling their husbands and their kitchens. Hopefully, this video will show how you can maintain yourself within the comforts of your own home.”
Husband Arbaaz Khan is currently gearing up for his directorial debut with the Dabangg sequel starring Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha, while her recent dance number ‘Anarkali disco chali…’ for the upcoming Housefull 2 has Malaika showing off some pretty steamy moves. Ask her if Arbaaz ever gets jealous of the fan-boy attention his wife gets, and she says, “He’s used to the whole world commenting on my dance numbers. Besides, Arbaaz gets a private show, so he can’t complain.”
The couple, together since they met on an ad shoot in 1998, has weathered rumours of affairs and divorce. Malaika, who participated in an anti-stubble campaign for men’s grooming brand Gilette, set speculations of a break-up to rest when she turned up at a charity event earlier this week with mother-in-law Salma Khan. Ask her how they manage to keep their marriage strong, and she says, “Men find it difficult to read a woman’s mind, but they should make an effort to figure out what their women want,” adding, “Also, we also never go to bed without making up after a fight.”
Malaika’s tips to keep your relationship happy
1. Men should just shave. A stubble looks really untidy and unkempt. Kissing a guy with a stubble is irritating and leaves you hurt and bruised. Let’s just say if Arbaaz gets lazy and doesn’t shave for a few days, I express my displeasure.
2. Surprise your woman.
3. Whether you get her a bouquet of her favourite flowers, buy tickets to an exciting holiday destination or just take her out for a movie, women just love that.
4. Women are complicated but men need to make the effort to figure out what their spouses or girlfriends are feeling.
5. Communication is important to keep a relationship going.
6. Never go to bed fighting.
First Published: Mar 16, 2012 12:03 IST