Health ministry asks states to stop sale of e-cigarettes
The Union health ministry on Tuesday issued an advisory to all States to ensure electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS), including e-cigarettes, vape, e-sheesha, e-nicotine flavoured hookah, heat-not-burn devices etc., are not sold, manufactured, distributed, traded, imported and advertised in any manner.
Seven Indian states-Punjab, Karnataka, Mizoram, Kerala, J&K, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh- already prohibit its sale, manufacture, distribution and import, and the ministry wants others to follow suit.
The ministry had been deliberating upon forming regulations on ENDS since 2014, when it conducted a discussion of eminent doctors, specialists, scientists and officers of health and drug departments. It was concluded that available scientific evidences indicated that ENDS and similar technologies that encourage tobacco use, are hazardous for active as well as passive users.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Vicky Kaushal recently shared a glimpse of himself sweating it hard in the gym in order to earn his weekend cheat meal. We can say that the clip is inspiring us to start our Sunday with a fitness session as well.
- Being high in fiber and sugar content, dates or khajur often leave people speculating about whether they should be consumed after soaking over night or raw or on empty stomach or before going to bed. Read on to know when is the best and worst time to eat dates
- Katrina Kaif recently hosted an Ask Me Anything session on Instagram and shared never seen before images and videos with her fans. She also posted about her healthy breakfast and intense fitness routine.
- Aditi Rao Hydari shows you how to do weight training without actually using weights in her latest fitness clip. Saying that this video is hilarious would be an understatement.
- A study done in the USA showed that wearing masks can actually curb the spread of the novel coronavirus. However, dining at restaurants, both in open area and inside, can increase the number of Covid-19 cases and deaths.