Marvel releases hilarious Hindi clips for Avengers Infinity War re-release, featuring gabrus and gurudevs
Marvel India has been sharing clips to build up to the re-release of Avengers: Infinity War in Hindi. Scheduled to return to theatres on October 2, Infinity War became the biggest Hollywood release ever in India, with grosses exceeding Rs 250 crore.
Two clips have been shared online by Marvel, showing two memorable sequences from the film. The first shows the Guardians of the Galaxy’s hilarious meeting with Thor. In the video, Drax the Destroyer refers to his buddy Peter Quill as a ‘banda (guy)’ as he gazes admiringly at Thor, whom he calls a ‘khoobsurat mard (beautiful man)’.
Sensing the group’s fascination with Thor, Quill becomes jealous. It doesn’t help when Drax continues his colourful descriptions of Thor, and calls him a ‘gabru pehelwaan’ and ‘kissi daaku aur haseena ki aulaad’. As those who’ve seen the film would know, Thor wakes up abruptly immediately after this exchange. In the video, he turns to the Guardians and says, “Tum cartoon log kaun ho?”
In the second video, we see Iron Man during the opening battle sequence in New York, when Thanos’ minions attack the city. As Iron Man gets pummelled around Central Park, Spider-Man arrives on the scene and says to his mentor, “Pai lagu gurudev.”
The first video has been viewed 11 million times on YouTube, while the second one has over 50,000 views so far.
Speaking about the decision to re-release the film in India, Bikram Duggal- Head of Studio Entertainment, Disney India, said in a statement to IANS, “The record breaking success of Avengers: Infinity War was historic. The response from Indian fans has been extremely overwhelming and seeing the ever-increasing following for the Hindi version we have decided to re-release just the Hindi version on demand from our English fans to enjoy the extended long weekend on October 2.”
The current phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will end with May’s Avengers 4, which will serve as a ‘significant conclusion’ to the series (before new characters take it forward), by Disney chief Bob Iger.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.
- In an exclusive interview with Hindustan Times, Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige, spoke about India's role in the future of the MCU, and the mind-bending WandaVision, the studio's first streaming series.