Free Covid-19 vaccine, MSP on pulses: List of BJP’s 11 promises to voters
Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Thursday released BJP’s election manifesto for the upcoming election. Voting for 243 assembly seats in the state will be held on October 28, November 3 and November 7. Counting is scheduled on November 10.
Here are BJP’s poll promises:
1. Free Covid-19 vaccination for all in Bihar, if ICMR approves
2. 19 lakh job opportunities for Bihar youths
3. Another 10 lakh jobs by turning Bihar into an IT hub.
4. Creating jobs in the health sector.
5. House for 30 lakh people
6. Technical education (Medical, engineering) in Hindi
7. Boost in agriculture production which will create 10 lakh employment opportunities.
8. Focus on Bihar’s fish production
9. Boost to dairy production
10. Appointment of three lakh new teachers
11. Pulses will also be purchased at the fixed MSP rates like wheat and paddy.
Praising the political awareness of the Bihar people, Sitharaman said, “Bihar is a state where people are politically sensitive and well-informed. If anyone raises questions on our manifesto, we can respond. We fulfil what we promise.”
“People from Bihar are getting employed in every state of the country due to their skills. There’s a lot of growth potential for all. This has been possible as Bihar government had implemented its previous promises with confidence,” Sitharaman said.
Talking about economy, Sitharaman said GDP in Bihar has seen a sharp rise under NDA rule. “It has grown from 3% to 11.3% in the state in the last 15 years of NDA govt and not during the 15 years of jungle raj. It was made possible because our govt gave priority to good governance for people. I appeal to all the people of the state to vote for NDA and make it win. Nitish Kumar will be the Chief Minister of Bihar for the next 5 years. Under his rule, Bihar will become a progressive & developed state of India,” the minister said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On Wednesday, Indian equities closed sharply higher after trading was halted on the NSE for nearly four hours due to a technical issue.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.