Covid-19: States which have imposed night curfew
Amid rising coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases and apprehensions of a second wave, Punjab on Wednesday became the latest state to announce fresh restrictions, including night curfew and doubling of fine for not wearing masks or following social distancing norms. Chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh ordered night curfew in all towns and cities of Punjab from 10 pm to 5 am from December 1.
Here are some other states which have also imposed similar measure to check the spread of the disease:
In Rajasthan, the state government has imposed Section 144 in all of its districts. Apart from that, the Ashok Gehlot government has imposed a night curfew in eight districts of the state - Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Bikaner, Udaipur, Ajmer, Alwar and Bhilwara.
The state government has imposed a night curfew in Rajkot, Surat and Vadodara until further orders. The night curfew between 9 pm and 6 am
The Shivraj Singh Chouhan government has imposed a night curfew in five districts - Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Ratlam and Vidisha - where the positivity rate is over 5 per cent.
The Himachal Pradesh government has imposed a night curfew in four districts of the state - Mandi, Shimla, Kullu and Kangra - from November 24 to December 15 in order to control the spread of the deadly infection.
India’s current count of cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) stands at 9,222,216 after 44,376 infections were logged in the last 24 hours, the Union health ministry’s data showed on Wednesday. The country’s count of cases continues to be the second-highest globally after that of the United States and immediately ahead of Brazil’s.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The petition demanded an immediate ban on further screening of the web series and sought directions from the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to set up a pre-screening committee for censoring content of similar web series, movies or other programmes release on OTT platforms.
- Uttarakhand at present has over 92,000 doses of Covishield vaccine, after a second consignment was received by the state on Wednesday afternoon. The state received the first consignment of 1.13 lakh vaccines on January 13.
- The plea before the court was made by BJP councillor Prabhakar Tukaram Shinde, who is currently the Group Leader of the BJP in MCGM.
- BJP state unit general secretary Ashwani Tyagi said the party’s national chief reviewed the working of the ministers. He applauded the state government and CM Yogi Adityanath for providing momentum to development work amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Anit Thapa refuted the portal's claim and claimed it was a conspiracy.
- RIMS Director Dr Kameshwar Prasad said it seems to be a case of acute pneumonia and he has been put under round-the-clock observation.