J-K CM Mehbooba Mufti ‘pained’ over civilian deaths in Budgam, calls for restraint
Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti expressed deep anguish and grief over the death of youth in Chadoora on Tuesday. “It is highly painful to see the young boys losing their lives,” she said.
Terming these killings as highly unfortunate, the chief minister said the people in Kashmir continue to suffer massive collateral damage due to violence of past three decades. She said violence has given people of the state innumerable miseries and it is high time that peaceful means are given a chance for the resolution of the issues.
“We know there are issues that need to be addressed and resolved but no one will be able to do anything at a point when violence becomes a norm. There is a need for restrain from all sides so that conducive atmosphere is created and dissent is expressed in peaceful way,” she said, adding that the solution to problems can be found only through political means and not through violence.
Three men were killed and several others injured on Tuesday when security forces battling militants fired on stone-pelting protesters in Chadoora area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district. Reports from the area suggested that more people were injured at the encounter site in fresh firing in the afternoon. Eyewitnesses said police fired at protesters when they tried to march towards the site, resulting in injuries to over a dozen more people.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The petition demanded an immediate ban on further screening of the web series and sought directions from the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to set up a pre-screening committee for censoring content of similar web series, movies or other programmes release on OTT platforms.
- Uttarakhand at present has over 92,000 doses of Covishield vaccine, after a second consignment was received by the state on Wednesday afternoon. The state received the first consignment of 1.13 lakh vaccines on January 13.
- The plea before the court was made by BJP councillor Prabhakar Tukaram Shinde, who is currently the Group Leader of the BJP in MCGM.
- BJP state unit general secretary Ashwani Tyagi said the party’s national chief reviewed the working of the ministers. He applauded the state government and CM Yogi Adityanath for providing momentum to development work amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Anit Thapa refuted the portal's claim and claimed it was a conspiracy.