One more complaint against golfer Jyoti Randhawa for for poaching in Katarniyaghat Wildlife Sanctuary
The forest department on Friday lodged one more complaint against golfer Jyoti Randhawa and ex-Navy officer Mahesh Birajdar for poaching in Katarniyaghat Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) on December 26.
By HT Correspondent | Hindustan Times, Bahraich
UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018 09:35 AM IST
“A complaint for misusing firearms has been lodged against the duo ,” said Ramesh Kumar Pandey, field director, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve. htc
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to our daily newsletter.
By Rezaul H Laskar, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JAN 20, 2021 12:46 AM IST
The external affairs ministry said supplies under grant assistance to Bhutan, the Maldives, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar and Seychelles will begin from Wednesday in line with India’s commitment to use its vaccine production and delivery capacity to help the world fight Covid-19.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 20, 2021 12:06 AM IST
- The family of the man who was shot dead alleged that he was a victim of infighting in the local unit of the Trinamool Congress.
By Rhythma Kaul
PUBLISHED ON JAN 20, 2021 12:03 AM IST
New Delhi The central government on Monday spelt out a detailed policy of monitoring Covid-19 vaccine recipients for adverse responses and assured people that the immunisation programme, which has been dogged by fears of side-effects and hesitancy, is safe
By Divya Chandrababu, Chennai
PUBLISHED ON JAN 20, 2021 12:02 AM IST
V Shanta was on the WHO Advisory Committee on Cancer till March 2005. She was a recipient of several national and international awards including the Ramon Magsasay award for public service, Padma Shri (1986), Padma Bhushan (2006) and Padma Vibhushan (2016).
PUBLISHED ON JAN 20, 2021 12:01 AM IST
New Delhi: A full, hour-long Question Hour, a separate slot for Zero Hour— both key for MPs seeking answers from the government—will return in the upcoming budget session of Parliament, which is expected to see the opposition attacking the ruling dispensation over the controversial farm laws and the WhatsApp chats of journalist Arnab Goswami
By Abhishek Dey, Anonna Dutt, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JAN 20, 2021 12:35 AM IST
Hospitals that have consistently seen low turnout, like Guru Teg Bahadur hospital and Rajiv Gandhi Super Speciality hospital , asked its senior faculty members to come forward and take the shot.
By Rhythma Kaul, Abhishek Dey, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JAN 19, 2021 11:37 PM IST
A Union health ministry official confirmed the tweak in the app on Tuesday to allow health care workers not scheduled for jabs on a particular day to get the shots.
By Shruti Tomar
UPDATED ON JAN 19, 2021 11:36 PM IST
- Shrikant Sharma, a retired deputy commandant of Special Armed Force of the Madhya Pradesh police, had earlier objected to the setting up of an office of the RSS for the Ram Temple fund collection drive in his neighborhood.
By Rhythma Kaul, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JAN 19, 2021 11:18 PM IST
The remarks were made at the government’s weekly briefing on Covid-19, which was opened by Union health secretary Rajesh Bhushan, who said three regions – Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Punjab – vaccinated fewer than 40% of their targets.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 19, 2021 11:13 PM IST
- The woman's father had earlier lodged a First Information Report (FIR) against the youth from Karnataka for allegedly kidnapping his daughter and forcing her to change religion.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 19, 2021 10:15 PM IST
- The Speaker had initiated proceedings under anti-defection laws to decide if the merger of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P) led by Babulal Marandi into the BJP in February, 2020, was valid.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Meenakshi Ray
UPDATED ON JAN 19, 2021 10:47 PM IST
The government said 631,417 people have been vaccinated by the end of the fourth day of its mammoth inoculation drive, with only nine taken to hospitals after complaining of side effects.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 19, 2021 10:09 PM IST
The DJB has initiated projects for the installation of flow meters and the setting up of a SCADA Centre, a high-tech monitoring system which allows the utility to detect where and how much water is being leaked or tapped.
By Divya Chandrababu | Edited by Sparshita Saxena, Chennai
UPDATED ON JAN 19, 2021 11:20 PM IST
- “There is no chance of her joining. She is not in the AIADMK party,” Palaniswami told reporters.
By Ramesh Babu
PUBLISHED ON JAN 19, 2021 09:24 PM IST
- The party leadership had reportedly told three senior leaders (Chandy, Chennithala and Ramachandran) who were summoned to Delhi two days ago that winning the election was top priority and to give more importance to the party than factions.