Power queue or line before ATM: When HT’s Modi, Manmohan pic went viral
When Hindustan Times photojournalist Arun Sharma was filing his day’s photos, he never imagined that one of his images would turn into a trending meme on social media.
The photo was shot on December 13, when the national leaders PM Narendra Modi, former PM Manmohan Singh, senior BJP leader LK Advani, finance minister Arun Jaitley, home minister Rajnath Singh and Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad, were paying a tribute to those who died in the 2001 Parliament attack.
“I never thought the photo would go viral,” says Sharma, the man behind the now-famous shot.
He took three shots trying to frame a queue of leaders. “Since the past month, we have been shooting queues almost every day and it is always on my mind,” says Sharma.
But looks like social media had queues on its mind too.
Though Sharma did not caption the image while filing, Twitter has supplied a steady -- and hilarious -- stream of captions. Here are a few which will crack you up:
1) This tweet which jumped to the most obvious conclusion:
2) When some one ran a prime ministerial status check:
3) This spot on observation:
4) This comparison to currency notes:
5) This pun that will tickle your funny bone:
6) This tweet that’s so apt for the wedding season:
7) And this one user, took the joke to another level, bringing in the lines for Reliance Jio.
Since then, Sharma has received positive response for the image. “I am glad that my photo is relatable and is trending,” he says.
Along with this iconic shot, here’s a look at some other meme-worthy images from the same day.