Dream opening for Pudupettai
Director Selvaraghavan's latest film is still going strong in cities.india Updated: Jun 15, 2006 17:47 IST
Director Selvaraghavan's Pudupettai, which had a dream opening in many places with Selva-Dhanush fans thronging theatres, is still going strong in cities.
The top five Tamil films are:
1. Pudupettai - Director: Selvaraghavan - Critics may pan it, but the film is doing good business. However, an overdose of violence, blood and gore is keeping women audience far, far away from the film.
2. Thiruttu Payale - Director: Susi Ganesan - The film is the biggest success in the career of director Susi Ganesan.
3. Thalainagaram - Director: Suraj - The film drew flak from critics but Vadivel's comedy has saved the film from being a disaster. It is doing average business.
4. Jerry - Director: SB Kanthan - In the name of comedy, a crass film has been made. While the hero, Jeeva Ramesh's brother, chooses films with care, Ramesh has had very bad releases throughout his career.
5. Parijatham - Director: Bhagyaraj - A clean film made by veteran director Bhagyaraj to launch his daughter. The film also has Prithviraj in the lead role. Family audiences will love this film.
First Published: Jun 15, 2006 17:47 IST