Function held on Ragendra?s birth anniv
To mark the 50th birth anniversary of Ragendra Swarup, a function was organised at the Ragendra Swaroop Performing Arts, Civil Lines on Saturday. On the occasion, Union Minister for Home Affairs, Sri Prakash Jaiswal was awarded with the second Ragendra Swarup Award.
While addressing the gathering, Jaiswal said that Kanpur, the Manchester of India, has amazingly survived, thrived and flourished without any support from the successive government.
He further said that Ragendra Swarup achieved in 10 years what others found difficult to garner even in 25 years. He was the shining star of Kanpur with a firm commitment towards quality education and public welfare.
Speaking on the occasion, Jagendra Swarup, member of the Legislative Council said that Ragendra Swarup was a man of values and full of optimum. He was the pioneer in redefining the role of public school education in UP.
Alakshendra Swarup, joint secretary, Dr Virendra Swarup Memorial Trust (VSMT), said that untiring efforts of Jaiswal led to the introduction of direct trains for Mumbai, New Delhi, Surat and Durg and air link for national capital. He also paid tributes to Ragendra Swarup.
Nitin Mukesh, a prominent singer sang a song in the memory of Ragendra Swarup. Mini Swarup, secretary,VSMT presented award to Sri Prakash Jaiswal.
Later, MA Naqvi, director, College of Management Studies (CMS) proposed the vote of thanks.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Addressing the concluding session of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state president K Surendran’s “Vijay Yatra” in the state capital, Shah posed five questions to the CM.
- Addressing a state conference for its cadres on the outskirts of Trichy, Stalin said a DMK government will give ₹1,000 every month to housewives and create a million jobs every month.
- The meeting came a week after Tewari and other letter writers, the group has been tagged the G23, addressed a meeting in Jammu in honour of retired MP Ghulam Nabi Azad.
- In Tamil Nadu, the Congress is in alliance with the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagham (DMK).
- The observations from the Union health ministry come a day after the country reported the largest single-day increase in new Covid-19 infections in two months.
- Smriti Irani says, "I’m the only female politician who’s also recognised by her former vocation. I recognise the bias in that."
- An official said that both Houses could meet at 11 am from the second week following the vaccination of eligible MPs.
- A suicide note found at the spot said they took the decision because of acute financial distress, an official said.
- The changes have been opposed by some states who see it as another attempt by the Centre to take over mining auctions and impose central rules on a state domain.
- A re-invigorated biodiversity management policy is India’s survival strategy. At this point in our development trajectory, we don’t pay any heed to either biodiversity or landscape conservation.
- According to Forest Survey of India’s forest fire alert system, there were 2,317 fire points last year between February 26 and March 7, but the figure rose to 53,211 this time after data from the Suomi National Polar-orbiting Partnership (SNPP) was taken into account.