Malaysian coach launches fitness report cards for players
Malaysia's soccer coach is introducing individual report cards for his players so he can keep tabs on their fitness levels.
Poor fitness has been a major problem for the Malaysian national team and B.Sathianathan is determined to make sure his players perform their exercises regularly when they are with their state and club teams.
"There is no short-cut to success and the players must understand that they have the bigger share of the burden and that is to constantly work on their game and keep themselves fit at all times," Sathianathan told The Star newspaper.
The report cards were inspired by German sports science coach Dr Uwe Freimuth, who came up with the concept for the Malaysian national hockey team.
Sathianathan said he would be developing his own system while setting his players reasonable targets.
Sathianathan's report card announcement comes a day after Malaysian soccer chiefs said they had recruited Liverpool great Ian Rush to help solve the country's goalscoring problems.
The country's soccer federation is planning an upheaval of its national team after their embarrassing performance as co-hosts of last year's Asian Cup.
Malaysia suffered humiliating defeats in all three of their group matches and scored only one goal.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The order was issued after hearing an injunction suit filed by Ramesh Jarkiholi’s lawyers on Wednesday. The suit had named 68 media houses, channels and others.
- High Commissioner Alex Ellis also said more debates on the farmers' protest should be expected around the world as India takes on a greater role on the global stage
- Giving two weeks to the government to come back with its response, the bench then formally recorded in its order that one of the issues that has caught its attention is “uncontrolled and unscreened viewing of films” on Amazon Prime Video and other OTT platforms.
- The roughly 20,000 centres being used for the vaccine drive at the moment are hospitals, private as well as public, while many primary and secondary health centres at present are kept out of the programme.
- The external affairs ministry, which too rejected Freedom House’s report, also took exception to the depiction of Jammu and Kashmir in the map used in the document.
- A home ministry spokesperson said these rules prepared by the Foreigners’ Division were part of a brochure issued on November 15, 2019. The rules were consolidated and notified on Thursday.
- After the allegations on Jarkiholi, there were unverified reports of several similar videos and other sex scandals against other cabinet ministers.
- India is a signatory to the Paris Agreement under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- On the other hand, the DMK’s stalemate continued with its main and long standing ally, the Congress, on seat sharing.
- The person said it was imperative that the photographs are removed from certificates distributed in the poll bound states, adding that the system can continue in other states.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, former President Pratibha Patil, economist Amartya Sen, cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, spiritual leader Baba Ramdev, chief ministers of states and senior political leaders are among those included in the panel.
- According to Indian agencies, the JeI has maintained that J&K is a disputed territory.