My day will come: Nikitin Dheer
At 6'4" Nikitin Dheer, son of TV actor Pankaj Dheer is all set to make his debut with Ashutosh Gowariker's Jodhaa Akbar. But the actor doesn't seem to be happy with the filmmaker who's launching him. Check out his grouses.. in his own words..
I play the main villain, Mirza Sarifuddin Husain who is Akbar's brother-in-law. Surprise surprise I don't know if Ashutosh wants to keep my character as a surprise. But only big actors' names are kept as the surprise element. Like Amitabh Bachchan who has again done the voice-over, as in Lagaan.
I suppose Ashutosh is concentrating purely on Hrithik (Roshan) and Aishwarya (Rai) since they're big names. But this is at the cost of actors who trusted him to make their careers. I'll have to wait for the audience response.
Ashutosh asked me to keep low before the promos start.. that's why I didn't tell anyone that I'd signed on Jodhaa Akbar.
Even after the promos started, I kept waiting to get my share of pre-release publicity but in vain. The production house is even helping the technicians to be interviewed but not me.
I've been waiting for four years to prove my calibre as an actor. I rejected several offers for Jodhaa Akbar because Ashutosh had sounded so genuinely interested in my career. But now I'm struggling to inform the film industry that I'm a part of the magnum opus too.
No compromises I did sign a film titled Gehraai opposite Ishaa Koppikar but soon enough, I realised that I wouldn't get anywhere if I worked with small time filmmakers. There was some pro duction hassles, thankfully the proj ect was shelved.
Coming up I'm also a part of Apurva Lakhia's Mission Istanbul but I'm not allowed to talk about it. My day will come.Whether Ashutosh has done me right or wrong, I'm here to stay.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The order was issued after hearing an injunction suit filed by Ramesh Jarkiholi’s lawyers on Wednesday. The suit had named 68 media houses, channels and others.
- High Commissioner Alex Ellis also said more debates on the farmers' protest should be expected around the world as India takes on a greater role on the global stage
- Giving two weeks to the government to come back with its response, the bench then formally recorded in its order that one of the issues that has caught its attention is “uncontrolled and unscreened viewing of films” on Amazon Prime Video and other OTT platforms.
- The roughly 20,000 centres being used for the vaccine drive at the moment are hospitals, private as well as public, while many primary and secondary health centres at present are kept out of the programme.
- The external affairs ministry, which too rejected Freedom House’s report, also took exception to the depiction of Jammu and Kashmir in the map used in the document.
- A home ministry spokesperson said these rules prepared by the Foreigners’ Division were part of a brochure issued on November 15, 2019. The rules were consolidated and notified on Thursday.
- After the allegations on Jarkiholi, there were unverified reports of several similar videos and other sex scandals against other cabinet ministers.
- India is a signatory to the Paris Agreement under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- On the other hand, the DMK’s stalemate continued with its main and long standing ally, the Congress, on seat sharing.
- The person said it was imperative that the photographs are removed from certificates distributed in the poll bound states, adding that the system can continue in other states.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, former President Pratibha Patil, economist Amartya Sen, cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, spiritual leader Baba Ramdev, chief ministers of states and senior political leaders are among those included in the panel.
- According to Indian agencies, the JeI has maintained that J&K is a disputed territory.