Noida farmers serve ultimatum on their demand for developed land
Farmers of Noida villages along the Expressway on Saturday served an ultimatum to the authorities to to give by July 31 5% of the land developed after acquiring from them or otherwise they will stop builders' projects.
Into the third day of their agitation, estimated 500 farmers from villages located along the Expressway assembled at Nagli Wajidpur village and said that their land was acquired in the year 2003 and given a compensation of just Rs 361 per square meter.
The farmers said that they were promised 5% developed land but it was not yet given.
Noida officials, including deputy CEO N P Singh, met the farmers and assured them that their problems would be redressed soon by senior officials.
They were told that 5% developed land would be given to them soon.
Regarding the hike in land compensation, they were told that authorities will forward their demand to the state government for approval.
Farmers Dalvir Singh Yadav, Manoj Kumar and others said that they plan to move the court and will go to Allahabad and file a petition seeking higher compensation for the acquired land.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The bench of Justices Ashok Bhushan and R Subhash Reddy issued notice to Sivasankar on ED’s plea but refused to stay the HC order. The bench enquired from the counsel for Sivasankar if he was already out of jail.
- The Indian and Pakistani armies have said they began strictly adhering to a ceasefire on the LoC in J-K from the midnight of February 24.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Irani was speaking about ‘Women Power in Democracy', at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication in New Delhi.
- Following an agreement last month on pulling back frontline troops along with armoured vehicles and artillery from strategic heights around Pangong Lake, the two sides have been unable to make progress on disengagement at other friction points such as Depsang, Hot Springs and Gogra.