Parks to parking lots: 20 smart cities list their complaints to HT
The government released the list of first 20 places in India to be developed as smart cities, with advanced infrastructure, connectivity and resources for technological growth, eco-friendly living and livelihood.
Soon after the announcement, netizens from all over the country took to Twitter celebrating their city’s inclusion in the list.
Hindustan Times asked these tweeters what major problems they face in their city. Here’s some of the best Twitter activity from smart citizens of the first 20 smart cities:
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The police were investigating the case from all possible angles.
- In India, the cases reached 11.19 million and the death toll stands at 157,656. The country has inoculated more than 20 million in the ongoing vaccination drive.
- The finance department has written to the top brass of various departments, offices and administration to ensure strict compliance to the finance and treasury rules for maintaining fiscal discipline.
- In a letter to Puri king Gajapati Dibya Singha Deb, Union minister for petroleum and natural gas, Dharmendra Pradhan urged him to launch a mass fund collection drive to enable contribution by crores of devotees of Lord Jagannath for the development of the Jagannath Temple heritage corridor.
- Cryptocurrency is, however, not legally banned and the government is in the process of enacting a law on this matter.