Pink Panther set to hit Indian screens
A new version of the Hollywood slapstick comedy The Pink Panther, loosely based on the 1964 Peter Sellers original of the same name, will hit Indian theatres on April 28.
Loaded with humour, the film stars Steve Martin in the role of a hapless, bungling detective Inspector Jacques Clouseau.
Asked to solve a high-profile crime, Clouseau makes a series of hilariously clumsy missteps while sniffing at evidence and tracing out the murderers.
The movie revolves around a famous soccer coach who meets an untimely death, leaving behind Xania (Beyonce Knowles), his beautiful and famous fiancée.
The murder not only botches up Xania's future but her engagement ring - the fabled Pink Panther diamond - she discovers is missing too.
Clouseau's scheming boss, Chief Inspector Dreyfus (Kevin Kline), hands over the case to Clouseau thinking he will take it over at a crucial juncture and win the coveted Medal of Honour.
How Clouseau solves the murder mystery, recovers the precious diamond and beats his boss at his own game, forms the crux of the story.
Originally Kevin Spacey and Mike Myers were considered for the role of Inspector Clouseau and Jackie Chan was for Clouseau's assistant, Kato.
In the early stages of development, Chris Tucker was approached for the role of Clouseau with Ivan Reitman wielding the megaphone.
Martin's overwrought French accent and metaphorically huge head are the highlight of director Shawn Levy's action-packed comedy.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.