Polls to NGO bodies from June 11
The district unit of HP non-gazetted services federation has finalised its election programme for the next three-year term (2013-16).
District president of the federation Man Chand Rana has dissolved the district body and allowed the present body to continue as the ad hoc body till the elections take place, according to a spokesman for the federation.
He said the elections of the field bodies would be held from June 11 to 22 at Nadaun, Sujanpur, Tounidevi, Bhoranj, Badsar, Bijheri and Hamirpur town. The voter's lists would be prepared by June 5.
Manohar Lal Kanungo and Shambhu Ram, two retired officials of the federation, would be the returning officer and assistant returning officer for the elections.
He said the new district body would be elected on August 7 at NGO Bhawan Hamirpur. He appealed to the employees to take active part in the elections.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The tragedy reportedly took place when an excavator was digging a drain near the boundary wall of the school.
- The Iranian embassy said it "strongly repudiates any unsubstantiated allegations or irresponsible comments in this regard and considers them as steps towards realising the sinister intentions of the enemies of Iran-India relations”.
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration during a verification drive on Saturday sent 169 illegal immigrant Rohingyas to a ‘holding centre’ after they were found without valid travel documents.
- The report said that closing of schools, economic stress, parental deaths and pregnancies due to the coronavirus pandemic could increase the risk of child marriage.
- On Monday, Odisha reported 668 large forest fires.
- The 13th floor houses the accounts office of the Eastern Railways.