Pramod Mahajan's brother held in Aurangabad
Late BJP leader Pramod Mahajan's brother Prakash, who is also a senior functionary in the Raj Thackeray's MNS, was arrested on Wednesday in Aurangabad following a complaint of inciting people for violence, police said.
A FIR was registered against Mahajan at the Kranti Chowk police station of the town and he was arrested today along with six other MNS workers, they said.
Mahajan was produced before a local magistrate in Aurangabad, about 300 km from Mumbai, and has applied for bail, they said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mann Ki Baat is also being aired live on the All India Radio, Doordarshan, Narendra Modi mobile app and the YouTube channels of AIR, DD News, PMO and the Union information and broadcasting ministry.
- The forest clearance is the latest in a long line of clearances that have been granted for the project
- The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams board also decided to frame certain guidelines for taking over of temples by the TTD and for providing them financial assistance under Sri Vani Trust.
- Gandhi said that the country requires a judiciary that is not penetrated by the RSS and the BJP.
- Farmer leaders depend on Kisan Mahapanchayats to garner support. Kejriwal to meet farmers in UP.