Satish Kaushik's film suffers double snub?
It's widely know that actor-director Satish Kaushik is hot on remakes of South Indian movies. For proof, check out Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain, Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai and Tere Naam , which were all retreads.
Today, Kaushik may be preoccupied with the remake of Karz. But he hasn't given up on his pet project: a remake of the Tamil hit Pithamagan (2003) originally directed by Bala .
He approached Ajay Devgan to play the role enacted by Vikram . But Devgan declined, saying the remake could never have the original impact.
Next, Kaushik approached Sunny Deol and gave him a brief narration. It is learnt that although Deol liked the storyline of Pithamagan , he wasn't keen on a remake.
Deol is also believed to have told Kaushik that he shouldn't even think of adapting the subject. Pithamagan revolved around Sitthan (Vikram), born and brought up in a cemetery. Inept at social interaction, he gets a job as a handyman in a farm.
Later, he meets Shakti ( Surya ), a conman with whom he builds his first friendship. Despite being given very little dialogue, Vikram delivered a much-acclaimed performance.
Meanwhile, Kaushik has begun shooting for Karzzz with Himesh Reshammiya and Shweta Kumar (daughter of director Indra Kumar ).
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The state board exams are usually held in March, but had been postponed to April this year, due to the pandemic.
- In October of last year, India and South Africa proposed a TRIPS waiver for all WTO members to allow greater access to affordable Covid-19 healthcare facilities
- The first sign that India-Pakistan back-channel conversations were on track came this month when Pak army chief Gen Bajwa said it was time to extend a hand of peace in all directions
- India has vaccinated more than 10.5 million health and front-line workers since beginning its immunisation campaign on Jan. 16. But only 1.2 million, or about 11%, of them have taken COVAXIN, the locally developed vaccine from Bharat Biotech.
- As per the new guidelines, social media platforms are required to disclose the first originator of mischievous tweet or message, the information and technology minister announced.
- The games in Gulmarg will see participation of 1200 athletes from 27 states and Union Territories (UTs) besides the armed forces personnel.
- Dantewada SP rubbished the allegations saying the deceased surrendered in front of the media and her interrogation report and statements of other Maoists showed clearly that she was working as a CNM member.