Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty: Anna
Anna Hazare on Friday said that Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi, who was recently embroiled in a controversy over a CD showing him in a compromising situation, should be hanged if found 'guilty'.
"Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty," Hazare said, to a reporter's question here this evening.
Hazare is currently touring the state to campaign for a stronger Lokayukta Act in Maharashtra.
Singhvi quit as Congress spokesperson after the scandal broke, but he also maintained that the CD was fake.
Speaking in Beed, Hazare also said that if a strong Lokpal came into existence, corrupt officers would go to jail.
Government officers should be made to disclose their assets on a government website, he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The family of nomads had been living in a ramshackle shed covered with tarpaulin and polythene in a forest area of Devsar in Kulgam district.
- Vaccination officers complained that the Co-WIN portal was slow in responding that made uploading information on it time consuming and tedious.
- The turnout rate dropped on Monday as Co-WIN glitches continued.
- The police claimed that the article openly endorsed revolutionary ideologies and activities.
- The exercise has been codenamed 'Desert Knight 21'.