Social worker Baba Amte passes away
Noted social activist and Magsaysay award winner Murlidhar Devidas Amte alias Baba Amte died at his 'Anandvan' ashram in Chandrapur district of Maharashtra on Saturday. He was 94.
Baba Amte passed away at 4:15 am, his son Dr Vikas told PTI.
One of the country's most respected social leaders, Amte devoted his life to the care and rehabilitation of leprosy patients.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The finance department has written to the top brass of various departments, offices and administration to ensure strict compliance to the finance and treasury rules for maintaining fiscal discipline.
- In a letter to Puri king Gajapati Dibya Singha Deb, Union minister for petroleum and natural gas, Dharmendra Pradhan urged him to launch a mass fund collection drive to enable contribution by crores of devotees of Lord Jagannath for the development of the Jagannath Temple heritage corridor.
- Cryptocurrency is, however, not legally banned and the government is in the process of enacting a law on this matter.
- The PM asked the three services to rid themselves of legacy systems and practices that are no longer relevant.
- According to the police, some young men were dancing at the DJ night in a wedding ceremony, during which one of the accused pointed the pistol at the forehead of another youth.
- In January this year, Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde ruled out any reopening of courts for the present.