State govt hampering development
MEMBER OF Parliament from Amethi, Rahul Gandhi reminded people of the old ties that his family enjoyed with Rae Bareli. Addressing an election meeting today at Johawan Sharki under Satao Assembly segment of Rae Bareli parliamentary constituency, Rahul said, “My grandmother Indira Gandhi represented this constituency in the past. We have very old relations with Rae Bareli. Rapid development took place in Rae Bareli when Indira Gandhi represented the constituency. For the last two years sine my mother is representing Rae Bareli, many development works have taken place.” He appealed to the people to vote for her on May 8.
He said though he was an MP from Amethi, he was equally interested in the development of Rae Bareli. He claimed the credit for development in this constituency. Rahul said the Central government and Sonia Gandhi had made constant efforts for the development of Rae Bareli. However, the State government always posed hurdles in the process. Many development works in Rae Bareli could not take place due to the State government’s negative role, he said.
Rahul Gandhi, who addressed several election meetings, inquired about the number of votes received by the BSP, BJP and the Congress in the 2004 Lok Sabha elections. He thanked the people for welcoming him and appealed to them to ensure Sonia’s victory.
Rahul Gandhi was accompanied in his mass contact tour today by former Union minister Captain Satish Sharma.
Rahul today visited 29 villages of Satao Sssembly constituency falling under Harchandpur and Satao blocks. On Thursday he will visit Sareni Assembly constituency. His Thursday programme was released by the Congress media in-charge, IV Singh.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fire engines and rescue teams were pressed into service and the injured are being treated at the Sivakasi government hospital.
- A Bengaluru-based political analyst said that Yediyurappa's supporters may want to go in for low-key birthday celebrations even though detractors may post as many ads as possible to remind everyone of his age.
- Officials said some local youths spotted the big fish lying lifeless on the Sonapur coast on Thursday afternoon.
- Officials in Bhubaneswar's Regional Meteorological Centre said the maximum temperature of 38 degrees Celsius in Bhubaneswar on Wednesday too was highest on that day.
- In MP, the positivity rate increased to 2.3% on Thursday and there are 2,435 active cases in the state.
- CSE’s director general Sunita Narian said Covid-19 had made the world’s poor poorer.
- This was the first formal contact between Jaishankar and Wang since they met on the margins of a Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) meeting in Moscow on September 10 last year, and it came days after India and China pulled back frontline troops from strategic heights around Pangong Lake.
- Aparna Purohit was accused of the inappropriate depiction of UP police personnel, Hindu deities and adverse portrayal of a character playing the PM.