Ujani dam sangharsh samiti warn of agitation
Alleging step-motherly treatment to Solapur district by the Maharashtra government, the Ujani Dam Sangharsh Samiti has warned of an agitation from May 26 if severe water problem was not solved by releasing water from other dams.
There have been constant shortage of water in Ujani dam for the past five years he said adding that there were 17 dams on Bhima river because of which the Ujani dam could never get filled to its capacity, said T M Sarde, leader of the commitee.
The samiti has demanded release of proportionate water from other dams, stopping providing 21 tmc water to Marathwada, release of 4.832 tmc water from Pawana dam to Ujani, he said in a release.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- Justice Gautam Patel on Tuesday heard a defamation suit filed by model and actor Sakshi Malik against Venkateshwara Creations Pvt Ltd for allegedly using her photograph without permission in their movie.
- With today’s vaccination, the President joins the ranks of statesmen and politicians who have gotten vaccinated since the second phase of vaccination started on March 1.
- The Chief Minister appealed to all eligible people to come forward and get themselves vaccinated.
- The amendment also empowers the Central government to auction mines, which the states have failed to auction. Of the 143 such mines listed for auctioning, states have auctioned only 7 since 2015, the amendment said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.