ULFA denies hand in blasts yet again
The banned ULFA has for the second time denied its involvement in the serial blasts in Assam which killed 85 persons.india Updated: Nov 13, 2008 20:06 IST
The banned ULFA has for the second time denied its involvement in the serial blasts in Assam which killed 85 persons.
In an e-mail to media in Guwahati on Thuraday , ULFA 'commander-in-chief' Paresh Barua claimed that the outfit was in no way involved in the blasts which claimed innocent lives.
"It has been proved that the ULFA has been never involved in attacks on innocent persons ... This is a conspiracy hatched by the government to malign us," he said.
"Whenever ULFA talked about peace it has been the ploy of the government to disturb the process," Barua said.
The Centre, he alleged, was 'indulging in blame game' only to divert the people's attention. "The ULFA is also no way connected to any political party whether it is the Congress or the BJP," he said.
The outfit's chairman Arabindo Rajkhowa had earlier denied its involvement in the blast, while the state government claimed that there was conclusive evidence against ULFA and NDFB involvement in the crime.
First Published: Nov 13, 2008 20:02 IST