Former BJP Minister sent to judicial custody in Arms Act case
Former BJP Minister Madan Dilawar, who has been evading personal appearing before a court since 1995 in connection with an Arms Act case, was sent to judicial custody till March 3 by a local court in Baran district, police said on Friday.
Dilawar, Social Justice and Empowerment minister in the previous Raje government, is accused in a 1992 case under Sections 452 (house trespassing), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 504 (intentional insult with intend to provoke breach of the peace) of IPC and provision of Arms Act, lodged against him by a resident of Aton village in Baran district, Madan Lal Khateek Khateek, said Circle Inspector of Atru, Subhash Tondwal.
He complained of chest pain when taken to the Atru jail on Thursday and was first shifted to a government hospital in Baran district and then to that in Kota, the CI told PTI over telephone, adding that a local government doctor has recommended his hospitalisation.
Dilawar, also a strong Bajrang Dal leader, was to appear before the civil judge and judicial magistrate court on Janauary 7, but made submission of his absence on the pretext of his wife’s illness, the CI said.
On Thursday, when he appeared before the court, Magistrate Deepak Dubey sent him to judicial custody till March 3 next.
The CI also said when ever the court had summoned the former minister, he made some excuses for not appearing before it.
She was married when was only 2.5 years old but her dreams to become a teacher gave her strength to break the shackles of child marriage. Now after 18 years, Samta is a free bird after annulment of child marriage by a family court in Jodhpur. She was married in 2003 to a young man from Osian tehsil, when she was two-and-a-half years old.
A 24-year-old biker was mowed down by a trailer at Mankoli in Bhiwandi on Wednesday night. The incident occurred near the bridge at Mankoli Naka when Shah was on his way to Thane. A passer-by informed the police about the incident. The police admitted Shah to Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital, where he was declared dead before arrival.
Karnataka chief minister Basavaraj Bommai on Thursday said he spoke to district deputy commissioners regarding the torrential rains, especially in coastal districts, and assured that all necessary precautions had been taken. The India Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rain along the Karnataka coast - in Kodagu, Dakshina Kannada, Udupi and Uttara Kannada. Schools and colleges in Alur, Arakalagud and Sakleshpura also remained shut. The state's revenue minister R Ashoka, who is in Kodagu district has also distributed relief cheques to those affected.
The High Court of Karnataka has been informed that as many as 10 lakh children below the age of 14 in the state are out of schools and anganawadis. The survey report was submitted to the court by 'amicus curiae' in a public interest litigation senior advocate K N Phaneendra. The report says 15,338 children aged between six and 14 are out of school across Karnataka.
Film producer Sandeep Singh on Thursday filed a police complaint after a Facebook user issued death threats to him saying he would be killed the way popular Punjabi singer and politician Sidhu Moosewala was murdered. Sandeep Singh, known for producing movies like Mary Kom, Aligarh, Sarabjit, Bhoomi, PM Narendra Modi and Jhund, founded the film production company Legend Studios in 2015. On Wednesday, he received threats on Facebook from a user named, Krishna Singh Rajput.