National anthem a must at Rajasthan government hostels
Students of government hostels in the state will now have to sing the national anthem every morning, a release from the government said.
The decision is one of the many recent orders by various government departments for organising recitals of the national anthem and national song. Students of 800 government and government-aided hostels run by the social justice and empowerment department in the state shall sing Jana Gana Mana every morning at 7 in the assembly prayers.
The decision has been taken to kindle the spirit of patriotism among the children, the release said. “Residential schools have already been organising recital of national anthems. We are now starting this tradition in hostels,” said Dr Samit Sharma, director, social justice and empowerment department.
Earlier this month, the Jaipur Municipal Corporation (JMC) had ordered that national anthem will be played at the JMC headquarters every morning while Vande Mataram will be played in the evening. The order was issued by the JMC additional commissioner to keep the spirit of patriotism alive.
The Rajasthan government this month also organised a mass Vande Mataram recital programme and told all school and college students enrolled in National Service Scheme to participate. The event was organised jointly with the Hindu Spirituality and Service Foundation.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The brother of the man stuck in Kuwait, said the employer even used to beat his brother and threaten not to let him ever return to India.
- Several experts said that full-scale resumption of economic activity, near full people movement and laxity in compliance to Covid appropriate behaviour are reasons behind the recent spurt in cases.
- Protestors are staging a dharna with the woman’s body outside the sub divisional officer’s office in Bhinmal. They said they would not accept her body till the minor girl was rescued.
- Health secretary Siddharth Majahan said, “The vaccination is going on smoothly across the state. People are enthusiastic".
- Private hospitals can charge up to ₹250 for a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- The girl said she was currently staying at her maternal house of her own sweet will but her family had lodged a false case of kidnapping against them