Hoodie is having a moment
Blame it on Justin Beiber or the Covid-induced work-at-home comfort dressing - the statement hoodie doesn’t seem to be fading outing this year too. The recently concluded menswear shows in Milan saw the athleisure staple layered under coats or over jumpers seen at Etro, MSGM, Brunello Cucinelli and Dhruv Kapoor. Baggy, oversized, comfy and street - the wardrobe wonder has always been the go-to layering pick for our actors and their stylists too. A few weeks ago, actor Shahid Kapoor had posted a pic of him in an athleisure hoodies and sunnies. “The hoodie has always been a wardrobe staple. We wanted to maintain a versatile approach- with detachable patches which helps the consumer to uplift a piece. ‘Reuse’ is an important keyword, the patches are available separately so one can keep repeating it and have a fresher take on it or simply wear it without the patch. I personally love to style it with sweatpants for a co-ord look or with jeans and an oversized jacket. Covid had initially pumped sales for comfort dressing, however, now the consumer is looking for an updated look- something that incorporates comfort dressing with an edge,” says Dhruv.
Stylist Akshay Tyagi attributes hoodie’s popularity to Justin Beiber who sort of put it on the map. “I call it the Bieber hangover. More than athleisure, it’s ‘ath-lazy’,” quips he.
Stylist Isha Bhansali credits their resurgence to the 80s-meets-street trend. “In its updated version, it’s massive and oversized and a perfect antidote to the demand of cool anti-fit options,” says she.
Post pandemic, hoodies have emerged as the comforting silhouette. Stylist Eshaa Amiin says, “Also, it’s more of a style statement and you could layer dresses with hoodies, team jackets with them or wear with basic T-shirts.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.