Republic Day Special: The tricolour of unity
Republic Day allows us a moment to pause and reflect on the ideals enshrined by our forefathers in the sacrosanct governing document, The Preamble. A reckoning moment in history when India, being a culturally and religiously diverse nation came together and agreed on the principles of one nation, one people.
Despite a pandemic, as we gear up for the 72nd Republic Day, it is time to embrace the spirit of patriotism by sashaying in the hues of the tricolour. The saffron colour in the national flag indicates the strength and courage of the country, while white specifies peace and truth with the Dharma Chakra. And the green expresses the fertility, growth and auspiciousness of the land. We have compiled a selection of ensembles in saffron, white and green that together make the unique tricolour.
Featuring: Singer-actor Jasbir Jassi, model Hamid Barkzi, Parisa, influencer Sone Kanwar, actor Sapna Dutta, models Manpreet Singh, Amaani Sharma and Anita Sharma
Styling: Harinder Singh
Location: Taj Palace, New Delhi
Production: Ruchika Garg, Prerna Gauba Sibbal, Neharika Sharma, Ishita Trikha
Hair: Mohd Imran
Makeup: Shilpa Malhotra
Outfits: Shantanu & Nikhil, Asha Gautam, 1469 Janpath, Deepa Sondhi, Raamani Apparels
Shoes for Hamid: Artimen
Concept and direction: Shara Ashraf Prayag
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bhagyashree gives fans a sneak-peek into her kitchen as she prepares organic oil to nourish her hair, claims it reduces hairfall when applied atleast once every week | Watch
- Hina Khan recently took to her social media and shared images of herself wearing a purple and pink tracksuit. We are guessing that this is what Barbie would look like in athleisure.
- For her flight, Kiara Advani opted for an extremely comfy attire and wore an all-black velvet tracksuit. The Kabir Singh actor added a hint of elan to it with her high-end cross-body bag.
- Shanaya Kapoor oozes charms as she lays fashion inspiration, for resort wear this summer season, in a sizzling floral mini dress which is sure to make heads turns
- For her cousin's haldi ceremony in the Maldives, the Ek Villain actor Shraddha Kapoor opted to wear a white and sea blue lehenga choli set and look absolutely breathtaking.
- Vaani Kapoor raises the bar of ethnic fashion this season by stunning in a ₹1.5 lakh olive green sleeveless velvet kurta and sharara from Anita Dongre and we are bookmarking this opulent look for the next wedding
- For a promotional event of her upcoming film, Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor opted to wear a gorgeous floor-sweeping black dress and looked absolutely fantastic.