Recipe for Vasant Panchami 2021: Welcome Spring with rose and coconut burfi
- Check inside the recipe of rose and coconut burfi which is a super easy coconut dessert and can be prepared in less than half an hour this Vasant Panchami
If you are looking for a super easy, quick and delicious recipe option to cook this Vasant Panchami, we got you sorted by digging up one of rose and coconut burfi or Nariyal ki burfi double layered with rose. Though the rose flavour can be substituted with khus, saffron, paan, chocolate or any other flavour of your choice, nariyal ki barfi is a traditional dish associated with the spring festival in India.
Basant Panchami is celebrated on the fifth day (Panchami) of the Maagh month of the Hindu calendar and marks the end of harsh winters or onset of the fresh and warmer spring. This year, welcome the spring season with rose and coconut burfi to add colour and sweetness to Vasant Panchami.
2cups dessicated coconut
¾ th cup milk
½ -¾ cup sugar ( can adjust to taste)
½ cup milk powder
2-3 tbsp rose syrup
1-2 tbsp rose petals
2tbsp mawa (optional)
2tbsp desiccated coconut
Pistachios and rose petals for garnish
Add dessicated coconut (2 cups) in a pan. Add milk, sugar, milk powder and ghee.
Turn on flame to low medium and mix well. Add mawa. Keep stirring for around 10-12 mins or until mixture forms dough like consistency and leaves sides of pan easily.
Transfer half of this mixture to a container or plate. Spread it out evenly to give square shape Add rose syrup and rose petals to the remaining half of the coconut mixture in the pan. Add 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut and stir well.
Cook for another 4-5 mins or until the rose and coconut mixture thickens Switch off the gas and spread this mix over the square coconut mixture. Spread evenly with help of a spatula. Leave to set at room temp for at least an hour. Cut Barfi into pieces and garnish with pistachios and rose petals. Enjoy!
(Recipe: Shilpa Anand, Instagram/cooking_god_es)
Following Makar Sankranti and Pongal, Basant Panchami is now around the corner. It will be celebrated on February 16 this year.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Looking for an easy-to-make dinner option that will flavour your weeknight and result in the whole family loving it? Well, we got you sorted with this mouthwatering recipe of Orange Chicken Meatballs
- What’s better than paleo chocolate chip cookies? Well, it has to be Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies made from sourdough discard as they are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. Check out their tempting recipe inside
- Whip up a healthy treat this summer, packed with a flavoursome and refreshing punch with this Mango Pudding that is a lovely light way to end a heavy meal. Check out the exotic recipe inside
- Try this delicious recipe of Oats and Cranberry Pancakes that don't just taste divine but are also healthy. You can now enjoy pancakes without the guilt.
- Seal your midweek sugar cravings with a healthy treat including the goodness of a superfood with this super easy recipe of strawberry chia pudding. Check out the health benefits of this delicious dessert inside
- Want to be healthy with a flavour explosion in your mouth? Try this mouthwatering recipe of Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce that will keep you coming back for more
- Whether you like your beans spicy or prefer skipping them and using plain canned ones, the goal is to create a quality burrito that is made from the scratch and you can try this simple recipe too if you are craving some Mexican food tonight
- Want to relieve constipation or treat your body to natural antioxidants? Here’s a recipe to whip up some creamy, crunchy Cauliflower soup this Tuesday evening which is a healthy substitute for rice and flour and is sure to tickle your taste buds