Recipe: Quick and easy one pot Spinach Mushroom Quiche
If you are in the mood for a no fuss meal that requires minimum effort, cleaning and preparation but still results in a wholesome, comforting meal, the French quiche is a great option. A quiche is essentially a tart that has a flaky pastry crust and a delicious savoury custard as the filling that could include anything from cheese, mushrooms, spinach, chicken, bacon, seafood and much more. The best thing about quiches other than the obvious is that they can be served both hot and cold. The following recipe for Spinach and Mushroom quiche is a wholesome meal and the leftovers can be refrigerated or even frozen for later consumption. And though the recipe doesn't call for it, one can always add crispy bacon to the quiche filling, adding a crispy and smokey touch to the dish. Read on:
1 prepared 9-inch single pie crust
¾ cup milk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
½ yellow onion, sliced
½ (4 ounce) container crumbled feta cheese
½ (8 ounce) package shredded Swiss cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish.
2. Whisk eggs, milk, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl.
3. Gently combine spinach, mushrooms, onion, and feta cheese in a separate bowl. Spread spinach-mushroom mixture in the prepared pie dish; top with half the Swiss cheese.
4. Pour egg mixture evenly over the filling, swirling egg mixture in bowl to spread seasonings through the eggs; top the quiche with remaining Swiss cheese. Place quiche on a baking sheet.
5. Bake in preheated oven until the quiche is lightly puffed and browned, 45 to 50 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the filling should come out clean. Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
(Recipe courtesy All Recipes)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A perfect healthy brunch doesn’t exis… oh hello, Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata! What’s better than cheddar cheese? Well clearly, it’s the super easy recipe of Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata which is loaded with vitamins and minerals. Read health benefits of this scrumptious meal inside
- Who wouldn’t love to indulge in the aroma of a whole lot of spice and a deep caramel flavour this Wednesday? If you are already drooling at the thought, here’s a recipe of Biscoff Brownie Batter Cookie Cups whose unique taste will surely conquer your drooping mid-week mood
- No eggs? No problem! Whip up this Classic French Toast for breakfast today which turns out to be super good and delicious despite being vegan | Check out the recipe inside
- Make this decadent chocolate pudding at home. It will satiate your dessert cravings. The recipe is extremely easy and always results in a delicious outcome.
- Are you a fit foodie, hunting for gluten free dessert or breakfast? Look no further as we bring to you a vegan treat with this recipe of cinnamon roll chia pudding that can also be served as a parfait and takes merely 5 minutes to prepare
- Looking for a vegan food that is packed with your favourite flavours? Try this recipe of Creamy Coconut Pasta with Crispy Tofu and add dollops of yum to your Sunday
- As you hang up your boots this Sunday and indulge in some self love, make sure to say ‘hi’ to immunity boosting and ‘goodbye’ to skin ageing with Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s super easy recipe of Tomato Celery Juice