Recipe: Whip up Chocolate Avocado Pudding for your Valentine in just 5 minutes
- Looking for an easy recipe this Chocolate Day to surprise your Valentine? Search no further as we got you sorted with Chocolate Avocado Pudding which is also decadent and healthy and will surely become your new favourite dessert
If there is one dish that caters to fitness freaks whether they are on a dairy-free diet or gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, soy-free, sugar-free and even vegan, it has to be Chocolate Avocado Pudding. Looking for an easy recipe this Chocolate Day to surprise your Valentine? Search no further as we got you sorted and dug up this tasty recipe of Chocolate Avocado Pudding which is also decadent and healthy and will surely become your new favourite dessert.
Nothing makes people so dang happy like a dish with chocolate in it and if it is packed with health benefits along with being delicious, it is on our priority list. Check out the recipe of Chocolate Avocado Pudding here and you will never buy pre-made pudding from the store again as this one has superfood qualities and takes only 5 minutes to whip up.
2 ripe avocados, pits removed
4 tablespoons cacao powder (Unsweetened cocoa powder will also work. The flavor is actually smoother and less bitter than cacao powder)
1 tablespoon hemp seeds, optional
1/2 cup almond milk
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup (Honey or agave nectar will also work but maple syrup or date syrup is preferred for the best flavour)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (using non-alcoholic vanilla flavouring is recommended for best results. Regular vanilla extract will work but if you use too much you can taste the alcohol so just be sure to taste test as you add more)
Combine all ingredients in a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides in between. Add more almond milk if needed to help blend.
Taste test it to see if you prefer more chocolate flavour (add more cacao powder, 1 tablespoon at a time), more sweetness (add a splash of maple syrup) or more vanilla. Blend until smooth.
Transfer to an airtight container for storing. Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Serve chilled with coconut whipped cream or your favorite toppings.
(Recipe: Sarah, Instagram/alligga_health)
Avocado is rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, a host of vitamins and minerals including magnesium, B-6 and folate. Adding avocados in your daily diet can help improve gut health as the dietary fibre and monounsaturated fat in them impacts the microbes in the gastrointestinal system.
Apart from making one feel full and reducing blood cholesterol concentration, avocados consumption reduced bile acids and increased short-chain fatty acids. It is an energy-dense and nutrient-dense nicely packaged fruit that contains potassium and fibre that are important for health.
Raw cacao powder used in this recipe is packed with a strong punch of antioxidants while dairy-free milk adds calcium (if it’s fortified).
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- If Monday blues have already bogged you down, atleast we got your dinner menu sorted with this scrumptious recipe of Tempeh Spicy Mexican Tacos
- Up for some homemade chocolate that is bursting with flavour and nutritional benefits? Try this extremely simple recipe of Butterfly Pea Powder Bounty Bars that are not only a mouthwatering vegan treat but also helps one to lose weight and feel great
- Eat it with hummus or just like that, you can also use it in your sandwiches and burgers, falafel is truly a diverse dish. That is not all, it is also extremely easy to make. Try this simple recipe and tell us what you think.
- Ask us to define a perfect weekend evening and we’ll picture a plate of soft, melt-in-the-mouth lamb seekh kebabs. If you too are drooling on the thought, check out the recipe inside and wrap up this Sunday with a barbecue of easy-to-make lamb kebabs
- Running out of dinner options? Try this crispy and mouthwatering Cilantro Lime Chicken which is easy to prep, too healthy to miss and takes a Mediterranean twist. Check recipe inside
- If you forget our name, say ‘hummus’ and we’ll turn! On that note, check out this stunning recipe of a healthy vegan snack of beetroot and hummus paired with a small toast and sauteed mushrooms that promise a sensory experience with health benefits packed in every bite
- A perfect healthy brunch doesn’t exis… oh hello, Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata! What’s better than cheddar cheese? Well clearly, it’s the super easy recipe of Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata which is loaded with vitamins and minerals. Read health benefits of this scrumptious meal inside
- Who wouldn’t love to indulge in the aroma of a whole lot of spice and a deep caramel flavour this Wednesday? If you are already drooling at the thought, here’s a recipe of Biscoff Brownie Batter Cookie Cups whose unique taste will surely conquer your drooping mid-week mood