7 cheap and easy ways to decorate your house this summer
Give your home a summer makeover at a minimal cost with these simple tricks.more lifestyle Updated: May 26, 2018 13:33 IST
This summer, welcome the warm weather and infuse some tropical vibes with simple tricks to transform your home into a luxurious retreat. On World Interiors Day, Arshi Mukri, design expert at Pepperfry and Sudeep Kolte, VP-Sales and Marketing, Gyproc India share summer-ready ideas to revamp your home at a minimal cost:
* Light it up: Brighten up your home than by using statement lights and geometric lamps. For a glam set-up, play around with the lighting in the form of focus lights.
* Accentuate: Purchase glimmering mirrors, regal trunks and royal ‘jharokas’ to recreate varying themes. For summer, opt for floral-themed accents and minimalist geometric-patterned mirrors. You can also use colourful wall shelves as functional accessories.
* Another brick in the wall: Wall papers ensure that your walls look brand new while saving you the additional cost you would incur on decorating your wall. There are a plethora of creatively designed wallpapers to choose from.
* Add plants: A good way to feel connected to the outdoors is to bring it inside. Adding plants, small or large, not only purifies the indoor air, but also gives the room an out-in-the-open feel. If you’re not good at maintaining plants, opt for succulents or air plants which are low maintenance.
* Designer ceiling: Simple-yet-aesthetic, gypsum-based designer ceilings take a mere two weeks to set up. They provide multiple lighting options to suit your choice — from recessed to flush lights. Track lights, in particular, can be easily adjusted at varying angles and are ideal for kitchens, living rooms and gallery spaces. Whether you use paint or wallpaper, these ceilings are cost-efficient, durable and can last as long as a building’s lifetime.
* Organisers: Choose low-budget organisers in varying designs and materials, so that your room remains neat. Organisers in unusual designs can also be used as low-cost alternatives to a chest of wooden drawers or metal cabinets.
* Blind out the sun: Curtains and drapes are easy to find and add an old-worldly charm to dull spaces. Drapes can also be used around poster beds to magnify their regal appearance and can be utilised as colourful partitions within large rooms too.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more