1 dead, 2 injured after AC explodes in Vasai
The explosion destroyed the flatmumbai Updated: Oct 17, 2016 12:01 IST
A man died of suffocation, while another man and a nine-month-old infant were injured after the compressor of an air-conditioning unit exploded after short circuit in Vasai around 5.30am on Monday.
The victim, Jayant Deshkar, 60, had been sleeping in flat 303 of Savio Co-operative Housing Society. The blast occurred in flat 203 of the same building.Uday Mohan Kanche and the infant were injured.
The Vasai-Virar Municipal Corporation’s fire brigade doused the flames of the explosion, which destroyed the flat.
The Vasai police are yet to register a case as they are awaiting the fire brigade’s report.
First Published: Oct 17, 2016 12:01 IST