10 things to do in Mumbai this weekend
Here’s what you should be doing this weekendHT48HRS_Special Updated: Dec 01, 2016 19:55 IST
FRIDAY, December 2
1) Food and drinks: Happy hours: Try custom-made cocktails such as Rustic Raw Mango, TT Time, Lemon sky, the Evening Job, Golden Mule, Daisy and Tropical High Tide.
Where: Terttulia, Prabhadevi; Call: 60020202: Price: Rs 500 onward
SATURDAY, December 3
2) Art: Art meets design: Get a tour of Kekee Manzil, a century-old limestone bungalow near Mannat, Bandstand. Artists and designers such as Jitish Kallat, Dhruvi Acharya, Aditi Singh, and Shilpa Gupta will display their works inspired by the concept of home.
Where: Kekee Manzil, Bandra Bandstand; Visit facebook.com/bungaloweight to register; Entry: Free; When: 11am to 8pm
3) Travel: Fort Trek: Go on an overnight trek to Rajgad. Named after the fort atop the hill, this was the original capital of Shivaji’s Maratha empire. Explore its hidden secrets such as the chor vaat (thief’s way), a shortcut to the hilltop and its toughest uphill climb.
Where: Dadar Station (assembly point); Call: 8652 37000; Price: Rs 2,300; When: 11am (assembly time)
4) Music: What’s Brewing: Frame, an electronic project by music producer Nikhil Kaul, combines down-tempo rhythmic jazz with disco grooves. Kaul will perform his signature tunes in collaboration with UK-based, Asian underground musician, Talvin Singh.
Where: Bonobo, Kenilworth Mall, off Linking Road, Bandra (W); Call: 265 5050; Entry: Free; When: 9pm onward
5) Screening: El Clasico: What’s better than watching the El Clasico? Watching it with great company. FC Barcelona clashes with Real Madrid. Watch the game, and interact with footballer Frederic Kanoute, who will be present at the screening.
Where: Khar Gymkhana, Khar (W); Register on: elclasicoinindia.com; Entry: Free (by registration only); When: 6.30pm onward
6) Music: Land of Gold: Sitar player and composer Anoushka Shankar will perform tracks from her latest album, Land of Gold. The album is Shankar’s tribute to the survivors and martyrs of the Syrian refugee crisis.
Where: Shanmukhananda Hall, Comrade Harbanslal Marg, Sion; Call: 2407 8888; Tickets: Rs 500 onward
7) Travel: Midnight Cycling: Experience the calm of the city after midnight, as you cycle along Mumbai’s coastline — from Colaba Causeway, through Marine Drive and Worli Sea Face, to Bandstand, Bandra.
Where: Mad Over Donuts, Colaba Causeway (assembly point); Call: 98691 29901; Price: Rs 1,000; When: 11.30pm (assembly time)
8) Talk: Mumbai Local: Documentary filmmaker Rakesh Sharma will elaborate on the art of non-fiction cinema, production of TV news packages, and the process of developing an informed-cum-artistic eye for successfully capturing human interest stories.
Where: MCubed Library, Princess Building, D’ Monte Park Road, Bandra (W); Call: 2641 1497; Entry: Free; When: 5pm
9) Workshop: Writer’s Bloc: In this annual writing programme, this year, comedian Anuvab Pal will conduct a workshop on playwriting for emerging writers and enthusiasts. Expect hacks to beating a writer’s block, and creating nuanced characters.
Where: The British Council Centre, Tower 1, One IndiaBulls Centre, Elphinstone Road (W); Call: 6748 6748; To register, visit britishcouncil.in; When: 10am to 1pm
SUNDAY, December 4
10) Event: Wonderise: Start your day with a healthy party. Kick off with a pilates session with Meghna Thaker and belly jazz with Kanchi Shah, followed by an hour of zumba with Sucheta Pal. Get complimentary health juices followed by a brunch.
Where: AER, Hotel Rooftop, Dr E Moses Road, Worli; Call: 98208 66657; Price: Rs 750; When: 7am to 11am
First Published: Dec 01, 2016 00:00 IST