FYJC admissions: 10 things to remember for second round that starts on July 15
Mumbai city news: From July 15 to 18, you can make changes to the colleges or streams you listed in your application form, from 10am to 5pm.mumbai Updated: Jul 15, 2017 10:50 IST
The first round of FYJC admissions will end today at noon. Of the 1.5 lakh students, 79,000 confirmed their seats till Thursday evening. Not allotted a seat yet? Don’t lose hope.
Here are the 10 things you need to know:
1. Those who were not assigned seats in this round will be allotted a seat in the second, third, or fourth rounds.
2. From July 15 to 18, you can make changes to the colleges or streams you listed in your application form, from 10am to 5pm. You can also complete your application form, if it is incomplete so far.
3. Be careful while making changes to your application as the upcoming lists will be unpredictable. There is no guarantee that cut-offs – minimum marks at which admissions close – in coveted colleges will dip.
4. Cut-offs are likely to rise for commerce and science streams in the second list, so don’t apply to colleges whose cut-offs were higher than your score
5. Arts cut-offs might fall owing to less demand. Aspirants could get better colleges in the stream in the second round.
6. After making changes to the application, go through it once more to ensure you have filled in all details properly.
7. The second merit list will be declared at 5pm on July 20. You can pay fees from July 21 to July 24.
8. If you are still unhappy with the college allotted to you, or have not been listed, you have another chance to change college preferences or streams on July 26 and 27.
9. The third merit list will be released on July 29 at 5pm. Fees can be paid between July 31 and August 1. Changes to the application form can be made on August 3 and 4
10. On August 6, the fourth and final merit list will be declared at 5pm. You can pay full fees between August 7 and 8. FYJC classes will begin on August 9.
First Published: Jul 14, 2017 10:09 IST