Kritika Chaudhary case: 5 things we know about model who was found dead at home
Mumbai city news: Police said the killers left the air conditioner on to ensure that the body did not decompose quicklymumbai Updated: Jun 14, 2017 10:59 IST
1. The Amboli police started investigating the case of struggling TV actor Kritika Chaudhary, 25, whose decomposed body was found in her Andheri (West) flat on June 12. She had rented the flat in an SRA building near the Andheri regional transport office at Four Bungalows.
2. Police said they are on the lookout for two men who visited her last week, after the building’s watchman said he saw two men entering the premises with Chaudhary around 2.30am on June 7 or June 8. Chaudhary’s neighbours said they knew neither her name nor profession. To them, she was simply ‘Pari’, a reserved, compassionate, religious woman who loved her family.
3. Chaudhary was married, but had left her husband after she suspected him of having an affair, police sources said. The couple was in the process of finalising their divorce.
4. On Monday, police received a call from residents, complaining of a pungent odour emanating from Chaudhary’s flat. The main door was locked from the outside. Police broke open the ventilator window and found her body on the bed. They said the air conditioner had been left on. The killers may have been done this to ensure that the body did not decompose quickly, said police. “She was half-naked. Her legs were hanging off the bed. She was wearing a night dress. Her face had been covered with a piece of cloth,” said a police source.
5. Police suspect the cloth may have been used to smother her. She had a head injury and might have been assaulted. Police said primary investigations did not lead them to believe that anything was stolen.They are examining CCTV camera footage to find leads.
First Published: Jun 14, 2017 09:38 IST