Sanjay Dutt’s release questioned, Tejas Express’ speedy journey: Top 5 stories from Mumbai
Mumbai city news: Here are the stop stories from Mumbai you shouldn’t missUpdated: Jun 12, 2017 17:01 IST
While Mumbai commuters can expect the Tejas Express to arrive early despite having left three hours behind schedule, they cannot expect the Eastern Expressway to be free of traffic snarls as repairs on the Amar Mahal flyover will only be completed in March next year.
Sanjay Dutt found himself in hot water once more, after the Maharashtra government was asked to justify why it had released him early.
1. Tejas Express leaves Goa 3 hours late, still reaches Mumbai a minute early
Commuters at Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus were pleasantly surprised to see the Tejas Express arrive a minute ahead of schedule on Sunday, considering that it had left Karmali station in Goa after a three-hour delay.
2. Typewriters better than computers, necessary, say Maharashtra institutes
The Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE) recently said it was “necessary to keep the manual typing course alive”.
3. After ‘world’s largest beach clean-up’, Versova gets a coconut lagoon
Next time you visit Versova beach, you can bask in the shade of 300 coconut trees planted by residents over the weekend.
4. Traffic snarls to continue on Eastern Expressway, Amar Mahal flyover to reopen only next year
Commuters on the Eastern Expressway Highway in Mumbai will have to face traffic snarls until March next year as that is when repairs to the Amar Mahal flyover are expected to be completed.
5. Sanjay Dutt was out on parole half the time, why did govt still release him early: Bombay HC
The Bombay high court on Monday asked the Maharashtra government to justify its decision to release actor Sanjay Dutt from prison eight months early.
First Published: Jun 12, 2017 17:00 IST