7-year-old electrocuted in VIle Parle | mumbai | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 22, 2018-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

7-year-old electrocuted in VIle Parle

A seven-year-old was electrocuted after being exposed to a live wire in Vile Parle (East). The incident took place on Wednesday when the girl, Anu Lalji Chauhan, was playing close to her residence.

mumbai Updated: Nov 25, 2010 01:09 IST

A seven-year-old was electrocuted after being exposed to a live wire in Vile Parle (East). The incident took place on Wednesday when the girl, Anu Lalji Chauhan, was playing close to her residence.

The police said the incident took place near an SRA building located at Nanda Patkar road.

"There are some SRA buildings that are under construction, while one building has been completed. Construction has been stopped for a month and the workers are residing in small shanties made on the ground floor of the SRA building that has been constructed. The parents of the deceased also worked as daily wage labourers," said R Aambre, senior inspector of Vile Parle police station.

The accident took place while the victim was playing and touch a live wire. Locals rushed her to Cooper Hospital where she was declared dead on arrival, added the police.

The police have registered a case of accidental death.