Patriotic music at Lorraine Music Academy
It is often said that music has healing power and can help express our deepest emotions with ease. For those wanting to express their love for the country through music, a musical evening organised by Lorraine Music Academy, is the place to be.
The event, which takes place today, will commemorate the 62nd Republic Day of India. The show will be an amalgamation of patriotic songs, Rabindra sangeet, Sufi and Western music by students, as well as professionals of the academy. “It is our way of paying tribute to the country’s development over the last 62 years,” says Aubrey Aloysius, founder of the academy. Dr Praveen Kumar, administrator, Haryana Urban Development Authority, is expected to be the chief guest.
The evening aims to represent the essence of the Indian Republic with its multi-faceted culture, impacting the world as it emerges as a global leader. The melodies of musical instruments such as piano, guitar, drums, harmonium, morchang, algoja, khurtal, dholak, bhapang, kamaicha and majira will merge to create a medley of rich folk, tribal and world music.
The evening also hopes to celebrate the spirit of unity in diversity. “Music has no religion, caste or status. It binds us together in spirit like nothing else. We hope the audience is motivated to participate in the concert,” says Lorraine Fiona Aloysius, pianist and creative director of the academy. “We are also celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore and paying tribute to him through Rabindra sangeet,” she adds.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer V left fans in India screaming after he was seen thanking a yoga instructor with a "namaste."
- BTS singer Jungkook was the talk of the town with his surprise VLive followed by his statements on his upcoming mixtape, dubbed JJK1, on Saturday.
Jonita Gandhi: Music industry is still male dominant and there’s a certain stereotyping that’s happening with women
- Sajid Khan of the Sajid-Wajid fame has said in a recent interview how Salman Khan has been supporting him after his brother Wajid's death last year.
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.
- Nick Jonas has released the title track from his new album Spaceman. The singer revealed that most songs on the album are musical love letters to Priyanka Chopra.