15-year-old boy electrocuted in Ghaziabad
A 15-year-old boy died and an eight-year-old boy sustained injuries after they came in contact with an electric pole at Shaheed Nagar in Sahibabadnoida Updated: Jun 13, 2016 10:59 IST
A 15-year-old boy died and an eight-year-old boy sustained injuries after they came in contact with an electric pole at Shaheed Nagar in Sahibabad, the police said. The incident took place around 8pm on Sunday while the two boys were crossing a street holding hands.
The deceased has been identified as Aabid, while the injured boy has been identified as Zishan.
According to the police, Aabid and Zishan were holding hands while walking when Aabid accidentally touched an electric pole. Current was flowing in the pole and the children were electrocuted.
“Locals detached Aabid from the pole with the help of wooden sticks, after which the boys were taken to a nearby hospital. They were referred to GTB Hospital in Delhi where Aabid died. Zishan is still critical,” said Ashish Srivastava, circle officer (border).
According to locals, current has been running in the pole for the past few days.
“Some residents had complained to the power corporation regarding the electric pole but no action was taken. We asked them to disconnect the power supply to the electric pole, if it cannot be repaired right away. However, there was no response,” said Jalal Ambi, Zishan’s father.
The police said no complaint has been filed about the incident so far.
“If we receive a complaint, we will investigate the matter,” said Srivastava.
The power department could not be contacted for comments, despite several attempts.
In a similar incident, two persons were electrocuted to death and three suffered injuries in Sector 14, Vasundhara, on Friday evening.
First Published: Jun 13, 2016 01:18 IST