No golden pass issued by Lalu: Nitish
Raking up the Railway pass issue, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said he had not received any golden pass when RJD chief Lalu Prasad was the Railway Minister.
Kumar, who had preceded Prasad at the Rail Bhavan, said he came to know of golden passes issued to former Railway ministers, allowing them to travel in AC first class along with three persons, through media reports.
He was reacting to Prasad's comments that he (Prasad) had taken the decision to issue golden passes for former and present Railway ministers in consultation with Railway Board officials after a proposal came to him.
"I strongly defend Mamataji for cancelling the facility (golden pass) to former Railway ministers," he said.
Describing as "farce" Prasad's call for Bihar bandh on January 28 to protest against price rise, Kumar said being an ally of the UPA at the Centre he could not escape the responsibility.
"Prasad's call for state-wide bandh against skyrocketing prices of essential commodities is nothing but a farce... He has no moral right to talk on the issue," Kumar told reporters here.
Prasad is part and parcel of the government at the Centre as he had given a letter of support to UPA-II. He should first withdraw support to it and then talk on the problem.
Not only RJD, all other constituents of the UPA-II at the Centre are responsible for the problem, he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Several schools will not reopen just yet; they are planning to conduct online examinations and commence regular classes for primary students from the next academic session.
- For persons with special ability, especially wheelchair bound ‘Divyaangs’, using the underpass is difficult as well as dangerous. Even normal people do not find most of the underpasses smooth and convenient, said an official.
- Baitha utilised the pandemic as an opportunity to turn into an entrepreneur and set up an LED bulb manufacturing unit in his village.
- A massive awareness program about the disease in the worst affected areas will also be launched.
- The advantage of the site at Dobhi is its proximity to the upcoming eastern freight dedicated corridor passing through Gaya and the Kolkata-Delhi national highway.
- Usually mercury above 30°C is recorded in March, but this year the mercury has exceeded the normal temperature in February-end itself, said a weather department official.
- Sanjeev was the 4 family member to be murdered in the last 20 years. His father Mahendra alias Gumti Mishra, uncle Chandrama Mishra and grandfather Pt Kamta Prasad Mishra, had all been shot dead in Parsathua market.
- Those who fail to turn up for vaccination after registration will have the option to re-register after cancelling the previous one.
- Kumar had earlier in his address referred to the Patna HC’s endeavour in 2006, soon after he took over the reins of the state, to help establish the rule of law by ensuring speedy trials so that wrongdoers could get punishment.
- In 2020, Patna scored 1552.11 out of 6,000 points with zero score in certification category.
- Rakesh Kumar Singh, former block pramukh told the IG that nothing had been done by the SHO to stop illegal activities in the village.