Woman rams Scorpio during driving lessons, one dies 4 inured in Patna
A 60-year-old woman died and four others of her family were injured after a Scorpio rammed into them in at Beiman Tola here on Monday afternoon.
The injured have been admitted to a nursing home.
According to the police, a woman, later identified to be Ruhi Kumari (22), was behind the wheels, taking driving lessons from her driver who was seated beside her.
After the accident, she and the driver abandoned the vehicle and managed to escape.
The victims were sitting in a park near their house when the vehicle hit them.
“Soon, people gathered at the spot and ransacked the vehicle and informed the police about the incident,” a police source said. A police team from Ramkrishnagar police station later rushed to the spot and seized the vehicle.
Agitated over the incident, local residents blocked traffic and burnt tyres. They demanded Rs 20 lakh compensation to the next of the kin of the deceased and arrest of the accused woman.
Patna SSP Manu Maharaaj said a case had been registered at Ramkrishna Nagar police station and the police were trying to identify the vehicle owner.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The JD(U) MLC said that Gautam Kumar was suffering while the police officials were showing no urgency to submit the inquiry report, as the case was not lodged by them.
- According to the National Crime Bureau Record (NCRB), in Bihar in 2019, there were 3,707 crime incidents related to land and property disputes, while the number of people killed were 5,227, or 3.1% per lakh
- Spicejet, the lone airline with a license to fly from Darbhanga under UDAN, has again opened booking for Ahmedabad after having discontinued the direct Darbhanga-Ahmedabad flight on February 15.
- The maximum temperature in Bihar till March 15 is likely to hover around 32°C to 34°C, which is 2°C to 4°C above the normal for the season. Similarly, the minimum temperature is also likely to range between 14°C to 16°C, around 2°C higher than the season’s normal.
- Sasaram SP said he met the bereaved family and posted security guards at their house. Meanwhile, raids were being carried out to arrest the absconding accused.
- Pandey was kidnapped when he left his party’s Kidwaipuri office after attending a meeting at around 6pm on Sunday.
- Presently, the state has just 202 IAS officers against the sanctioned strength of 359.
- Several schools will not reopen just yet; they are planning to conduct online examinations and commence regular classes for primary students from the next academic session.
- For persons with special ability, especially wheelchair bound ‘Divyaangs’, using the underpass is difficult as well as dangerous. Even normal people do not find most of the underpasses smooth and convenient, said an official.
- Baitha utilised the pandemic as an opportunity to turn into an entrepreneur and set up an LED bulb manufacturing unit in his village.
- A massive awareness program about the disease in the worst affected areas will also be launched.
- The advantage of the site at Dobhi is its proximity to the upcoming eastern freight dedicated corridor passing through Gaya and the Kolkata-Delhi national highway.