15 facts to know about Rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh
Bollywood singer and rapper Yo Yo Honey has turned 31 today. The rapper has really made it big in the Bollywood. We give you some facts we bet you might not be knowing about your favourite singer.
1. Honey Singh’s real name is Hirdesh Singh and our Punjabi gabru was born in Hoshiarpur in Punjab.
2. Singh is a fitness freak who cannot do without two hour workout every day.
3. Yo Yo has also worked in Punjab films like Mirza and Main Tera 22 Tu Mera 22. He made his Bollywood debut in 2014 with The Expose. After a failed Bollywood debut, Honey Singh will be returning to Punjabi cinema in mid 2015, with the film Zorawar.Yo Yo shot the video of his famous song 'brown rang' in Dubai for a whooping amount of $100,000. The video was directed by video directors from Los Angeles.
5. In 2006, Honey Singh's single went to be number one on BBC world charts.
6. Singh's album 'International Villager' has become the highest grossing Punjabi album of all time.
7.Honey was paid Rs 70 lakh, making him the most expensive singer in Bollywood history, for the track 'Mujhe Neat Pila De Sajna' in Sunil Bohra's flick Mastaan, It is the biggest amount paid to a song artist in Bollywood till date.
8. Honey Singh picked up the slang 'Yo Yo' from his African-American friends, which when translated means aapka apna (your own). So his name gives him a unique identity 'aapka apna Honey'.
9. Yo Yo has learned DJing from DJ Vishal and he bagged the second spot in "War of DJs".
10. Yo Yo's track 'Gabru' from International Villager, featuring singer J-Star, topped Asian music charts (including the official BBC Asian charts).
11. He earns two spots on YouTube's list of top 10 trending videos of 2012. His song Brown Rang makes it to top spot and High Heels, in collaboration with Jaz Dhami, on fourth spot.
12. He is a huge cricket fan and loves driving.
13. Yo Yo has won many awards. He also has to his credit the BritAsia Best International Act 2012.
14. Yo Yo wanted to be a music producer. He even knows how to play a tabla.15. Honey Singh has 1.44 million followers on Twitter and 28,203,322 on Facebook (as on March 13).
Vinai Kumar Saxena, who took oath as Delhi's 22nd Lieutenant Governor on Thursday, said he would work as a local guardian and citizens would see him more on the roads than inside the governor's house. Saxena, 64, was sworn in as the new LG of the national capital at a simple ceremony at Raj Niwas by the chief justice of Delhi high court, Vipin Sanghi.
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal has directed all sports facilities under his government to remain open for sportspersons till 10pm. The Aam Aadmi Party said on its official Twitter handle that the decision will allow athletes and players to practice till night. The order came after a report by The Indian Express which claimed the athletes and coaches were being forced to wrap the training at Delhi government-run Thyagraj Stadium earlier than the usual time.
Uttar Pradesh finance minister Suresh Khanna on Friday presented the first budget of the Yogi Adityanath government in its second term in the Legislative Assembly. Read here for live updates of the Budget The FM proposed a provision of ₹523.34 crore for the implementation of the scheme in Lucknow, Gautam Budh Nagar, Agra, Varanasi, Gorakhpur and Prayagraj for the safety of women under the Safe City scheme.
The Central Bureau of Investigation is conducting raids at residences of former Jharkhand sports minister Bandhu Tirkey in connection with financial irregularities in conducting the 34th National Games in 2011, people aware of the development said. Tirkey, who joined the Congress in 2020 and was appointed as working president of Jharkhand Congress last year, is in national capital Delhi for party meetings, an aide in his office said.
The Enforcement Directorate on Thursday conducted searches at about seven places in Mumbai, Pune and Ratnagiri district's Dapoli linked to a close confidant of chief minister Uddhav Thackeray, Maharashtra transport minister Anil Parab. Parab was under ED scanner ever since dismissed Mumbai police officer Sachin Vaze, the prime accused in Antilia explosives scare and Mansukh Hiran murder case, alleged that Anil Parab was among the recipients of bribes.