Haryana to purchase generic fungicide
Haryana government has decided to purchase Tebuconazole fungicide by it generic name rather than a brand name. The decision has been taken in view of allegations of irregularities in the purchase of Bayer's 'Raxil 2 DS' fungicide by the previous Congress government.
Agriculture minister OP Dhankar had in April recommended a probe by central vigilance commission (CVC) into the purchase stating that the fungicide purchase involved funds under the central scheme and the parliamentary committee on agriculture had recommended necessary action in the matter.
The CVC Act and guidelines, however, clearly lay down that that the commission has no jurisdiction over the state government organisations and has jurisdiction over All-India service officers (IAS, IPS) serving with the central government. The matter is yet to be referred to the CVC by the state government.
An agriculture department spokesperson said the government has decided to continue the ongoing scheme of 100% treatment of certified wheat seed with generic fungicide Tebuconazole 2% DS during rabi 2015-16.
Also, the subsidy at the rate of 80 % of the cost of fungicide would remain admissible under the scheme and the remaining 20 % cost would be borne by the farmers, he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Plague, H1N1 & Covid-19: 103-year-old Naidu Hospital is Pune’s first line of defence in battle against contagious diseases
- Haridaspur, a small village in Kondapur block, about 70 km from Hyderabad, celebrates birth of every girl child.