Kerala actress abduction, assault case: Dileep’s bail plea rejected by HC
Rejecting his bail plea, the court said that Dileep’s release at this juncture could affect the ongoing investigation.regional movies Updated: Jul 24, 2017 12:03 IST
The Kerala high court on Monday rejected the bail plea of Malayalam superstar Dileep, who was arrested two weeks ago in connection with the attack and sexual assault on a popular woman actor.
Rejecting the bail plea, the court said it was a serious case and his release at this juncture would affect the ongoing investigation. The court agreed with the prosecution that if he was released he would influence some of the witnesses. The prosecution said many involved in the case including his manager Apunni were absconding. The court also approved scientific evidences presented by the prosecution.
The actor had moved the high court after Angamally judicial magistrate court rejected his bail plea last week. His counsel said he would move the Supreme Court soon. Lodged in the Aluva sub jail, Dileep will be produced before the local court to extend his judicial custody.
The 31-year-old actor was abducted by a gang of criminals and sexually assaulted in a moving car over a period of three hours on February 17. The assailants recorded the assault on their mobile phones and threatened to release the clip if she dared approach the police. During the attack, the main accused, Pulsar Suni, reportedly hinted that they were committing the crime at somebody else’s behest.
After the actor lodged a complaint, police arrested all the accused directly involved in the crime. An investigation aimed at identifying the conspirators behind the attack finally led to Dileep’s arrest two weeks ago. The police believe that Dileep paid men to abduct and assault the actor, and take videos of the assault as proof, in order to exact revenge upon her and ‘teach her a lesson’.
Follow @htshowbiz for more