Suriya 36 starts rolling; makers confirm Diwali 2018 release
Suriya and filmmaker Selvaraghavan have joined hands for a new project which has been tentatively titled Suriya 36. On Monday, the project was officially launched with a pooja and the principal shooting will begin very soon, according to sources from the film’s unit. The film marks the first-time collaboration of Suriya and Selvaraghavan, who have for long desired to work together but things never fell in place. The makers once again on Monday confirmed that the film will hit the screens during Diwali 2018 and might take Ajith’s Viswasam head on at the box-office.
A thrilled Selvaraghavan took to Twitter to share his excitement on the commencement of the project. “Excited to share that we have started working on Suriya 36 with a grand pooja this morning. Privileged to have been blessed by legendary Sivakumar sir.” While the genre of the film has been kept a secret, but on a few occasions last year, Selvaraghavan hinted that the film will require extensive research work. There are also rumours that the Kadhal Kondein filmmaker has revived and made slight changes to Kaan, his shelved project with Simbu, to suit Suriya’s image in this project. Even though the makers are yet to officially confirm these reports, sources close to the production house have verified the rumours. Kaan was launched last year and it was even shot briefly, before being dropped for reasons unknown. Simbu was rumoured to be playing a spy in the film, which also features Taapsee Pannu in a pivotal role.
It has also been confirmed that Sai Pallavi has been roped in as the leading lady opposite Suriya. This means that the project, which was originally rumoured to star Rakul Preet Singh, only features one leading lady and that’ll be Pallavi. To be bankrolled by Dream Warrior Pictures, the rest of the cast and crew of the project are yet to be finalised.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Prakash Raj is the latest addition to the cast of Mani Ratnam's ambitious period drama Ponniyin Selvan. The two first worked together in Iruvar in 1997.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Kavita Kaushik took a dig at Rubina Dilaik while saying that she deserves to win the Bigg Boss 14 trophy. Earlier, Kavita walked out of the show after a nasty fight with Rubina.
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a review of Tandav, which said that Dimple Kapadia 'upstaged' her co-star Saif Ali Khan. While Twinkle praised Saif's performance as well, she said that 'mama bear is still the best'.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- Sidharth Shukla watched the first three episodes of Tandav and praised the show. He also gave a shout-out to Gauahar Khan and said that he loved her performance.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.