Vishal’s Ayogya release postponed, makers yet to reveal reason
Actor Vishal’s Tamil action thriller Ayogya, which was slated to release worldwide on Friday, was postponed hours before it was scheduled to hit the screens for reasons yet unknown. In a statement, producer Tagore Madhu said the film could not be released due to unavoidable circumstances.
Vishal took to Twitter and wrote: “As I wait for my hard work called Ayogya to release, I did my best more than an actor. As always, I groomed my child since it came on my lap. But not enough. My time will come. I continue my journey. God bless.”
Directed by Venkat Mohan, Ayogya is the official Tamil remake of Jr NTR starrer Telugu film Temper, which was directed by Puri Jagannadh. While Kajal Aggarwal played the leading lady in the original, Raashi Khanna reprises her role in the remake. The first look of the film had been shared by director AR Murugadoss in November last year. Incidentally, Venkat had worked as his AD for many years. Sharing the first look, Murugadoss had written on Twitter: “Blessings to my first AD @ivenkatmohan for his directorial debut #AYOGYA. And best wishes to the entire team. @VishalKOfficial @RaashiKhanna @TagoreMadhu @rparthiepan @iamrascalpapa @SamCSmusic @AntonyLRuben @Karthikvenkatr4 , @art_murthi and @gopiprasannaa.”
In Ayogya, Vishal plays a corrupt police officer who undergoes a transformative journey after witnessing a gruesome incident. Prakash Raj played the antagonist in the original, whereas Parthiepan has essayed the same role in the remake.
This week saw the release of two other Tamil films, 100 and Kee. Interestingly, both these films were unsure of release till the last minute. According to the industry grapevine, Ayogya’s release has been postponed due to some last minute’s financial transactions between the producer and distributors.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Raya and the Last Dragon movie review: Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina put their own twist on the Mulan-Mushu dynamic in Disney's latest animated adventure.
- Chris Evans shared a video montage of his friend visiting the sets of Captain America: The First Avenger and reacting to his scenes.