Arsenal come undone
Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia was guilty of two errors as West Brom shocked Arsene Wenger’s team in their Premier League clash at the Emirates Stadium.
Almunia had saved a first-half penalty from Chris Brunt but the visitors went ahead early in the second half when Peter Odemwingie tapped in his third goal of the season from close range. Gonzalo Jara doubled the lead when Almunia allowed his shot into the near post. Former Arsenal winger Jerome Thomas added another to seal the points and leave the home crowd stunned.
Samir Nasri pulled two back but Wenger’s side could not take advantage of Chelsea dropping points at Manchester City earlier in the day.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- To accommodate the new women, the size of the board was increased from 35 to 45. Several resignations on Tuesday also created more space.
- Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabeu and Atletico de Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano host games on alternate weekends all through the LaLiga season.
- The final list of 28 players will be announced after the Indian Super League final.
- Coach Zinedine Zidane's attempt to push Madrid forward by switching formations midway through the game against Real Sociedad backfired on Monday, leading to a 1-1 home draw.
- While Mumbai and Goa dominate possession, Bagan and NorthEast prefer to not have the ball.