According to plans unveiled by Blue Origin, the ‘Orbital Reef’ space station will operate as a “mixed-use business park” in the frontiers of the cosmos. It will ideally provide the infrastructure needed to scale up economic activity and open new markets in space.
Updated on Oct 26, 2021 07:55 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
“I would tell the prince, and I hope the prince gets the message, this is a baby step into the idea of getting industry up there,” William Shatner said.
Published on Oct 15, 2021 10:44 PM IST
Written by Srivatsan K C | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Shatner was one of four passengers to journey to the edge of space aboard the white fully autonomous 60-foot-tall (18.3 meters-tall) New Shepard spacecraft, which took off from Blue Origin's launch site about 20 miles (32 km) outside the rural west Texas town of Van Horn.
Published on Oct 13, 2021 09:05 PM IST
Reuters | , Van Horn, Texas
- The allegations were outlined in a blog post that has signatures from 21 employees including Alexandra Abrams, the company's former head of employee communications.
Published on Oct 01, 2021 09:07 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
The FAA said the rocketship carrying Branson and five Virgin Galactic employees veered off course during its descent back to its runway in the New Mexico desert on July 11. The deviation put the ship outside the air traffic control clearance area.
Published on Sep 03, 2021 06:40 AM IST
- The paintings by Ghana artist Amoako Boafo were on three parachute panels on the outside of the capsule at the very top. Boafo painted a self-portrait as well as portraits of his mother and a friend’s mother, explaining “a mother's love comes from a place that is out of this world"
Updated on Aug 27, 2021 04:12 PM IST
AP | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Cape Canaveral, Fla.
- The NS-17 that completed the space mission on Thursday didn’t carry any people, but the capsule contained as many as 18 commercial payloads – 11 of which are NASA-sponsored.
Published on Aug 26, 2021 10:33 PM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The New Shepard spacecraft had flown Jeff Bezos, his brother Mark, Wally Funk, and a fourth passenger to space in July. Till date, the spacecraft has flown more than 100 payloads to space across 11 flights.
Updated on Aug 26, 2021 06:42 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
“This is how it starts,” Jeff Bezos wrote while sharing the video on Instagram.
Published on Jul 22, 2021 07:12 PM IST
By Trisha Sengupta
- Blue Origin's New Shepard crew members experienced near-zero gravity outside the Earth’s atmosphere after they travelled above the Kármán Line, the internationally-recognised boundary of space.
Published on Jul 20, 2021 11:04 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The founder of Blue Origin was accompanied by brother Mark Bezos, Wally Funk, and 18-year-old passenger Oliver Daemen.
Published on Jul 20, 2021 07:00 PM IST
Jeff Bezos, founder of Blue Origin and Amazon on Tuesday will become the second billionaire to ride his own rocket.
Updated on Jul 20, 2021 01:43 PM IST
AP | | Posted by Shanza Khan, Van Horn, Texas
Jeff Bezos and his brother Mark Bezos will be joined in the all-civilian crew by 82-year-old pioneering woman aviator Wally Funk and teenager Oliver Daemen, a recent high school graduate.
Published on Jul 20, 2021 05:43 AM IST
Written by Meenakshi Ray, New Delhi
The Blue Origin mission is yet another step by a billionaire to open the space frontier for tourists. Though the commercial operations are scheduled to begin from next year, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and Virgin Galactic's Richard Branson want to be the leaders in the field.
Published on Jul 19, 2021 06:21 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Sanjal Gavande, the daughter of a municipal corporation employee and a retired MTNL official, opted for aerospace as a subject in her master's and cleared it with a first-class.
Published on Jul 18, 2021 06:56 AM IST
Written by Meenakshi Ray, New Delhi
- Blue Origin had auctioned a spaceship berth for a whopping $28 million but the winner, presumably an ultra-wealthy space aficionado, has chosen to fly on a future New Shepard flight “due to scheduling conflicts.”
Published on Jul 15, 2021 11:10 PM IST
Blue Origin's flight will come a little over a week after space-tourism rival Virgin Galactic successfully sent a crew including its founder, British billionaire Richard Branson, to the edge of space.
Published on Jul 13, 2021 11:40 AM IST
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos along with his brother, Mark, and another person, presumably an ultra-wealthy space aficionado who won the bid for the third berth on the spaceship for a whopping $28million, will fly to space on July 20.
Published on Jun 22, 2021 07:17 PM IST
- The first two berths of Blue Origin's New Shepard, a reusable rocket, has been reserved for company's owner Jeff Bezos and his brother, Mark.
Published on Jun 12, 2021 05:57 PM IST
- The two richest men in the world have been sparring in a tightly fought global space race, vying for contracts from government agencies and businesses.
Published on Apr 27, 2021 05:04 PM IST
The 57-year-old Jeff Bezos told Amazon employees he would "stay engaged in important Amazon initiatives" but also devote time to Blue Origin and various philanthropic and media "passions."
Published on Feb 08, 2021 06:00 PM IST
Reuters | , Seattle
The BE-7 engine, which Blue Origin has been developing for years, has tallied 1,245 seconds of test-fire time and will power the company’s National Team Human Landing System lunar lander.
Published on Dec 06, 2020 08:56 AM IST
Reuters | By Reuters | Posted by Kanishka Sarkar
Some day soon you might be able to board a rocket and get a room with a view - of the whole planet - from a hotel in space.
Updated on Dec 02, 2019 10:04 AM IST
Tbilisi, Thomson Reuters Foundation | By Reuters
Bezos’s Blue Origin, which aims to help people set up colonies on Moon and other planets, is preparing two rockets - New Shepard and New Glenn - for space tourism purposes.
Updated on Jun 27, 2020 03:21 AM IST
New Delhi | By Indo Asian News Service
“We can harvest that ice and use it to make hydrogen and oxygen, which are rocket propellants,” Bezos said.
Updated on Jun 20, 2019 02:52 PM IST
San Francisco | By Indo Asian News Service
Jeff Bezos’ New Shepard space vehicle is designed to autonomously fly six passengers more than 100 km above Earth, high enough to experience a few minutes of weightlessness and see the curvature of the planet.
Updated on Jul 13, 2018 11:30 AM IST
Reuters, Seattle | By Eric M Johnson
US-based Orion Span Inc is launching a modular station in space that would orbit 200 miles above Earth, offering six guests 384 sunrises and sunsets as they race around the planet for 12 days at incredibly high speeds.
Updated on Apr 09, 2018 12:24 PM IST
Bloomberg | By Justin Bachman