Retail inflation, as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) grew at 4.5% on a year-on-year basis in October.
Updated on Nov 22, 2021 01:50 AM IST
The Indian economy, the article said, is clearly differentiating itself from the global situation, which is marred by supply disruptions, stubborn inflation and surges of infections in various parts of the world.
Published on Nov 16, 2021 04:40 AM IST
PTI | , Mumbai
- What surprised analysts, however, was the Index of Industrial Production (IIP) which grew at 3.1%, significantly lower than the Bloomberg forecast of 4.8%.
Published on Nov 13, 2021 07:27 AM IST
According to the data released by the National Statistical Office (NSO), inflation in food basket rose to 0.85 per cent in October, compared to 0.68 per cent in the preceding month.
Published on Nov 12, 2021 06:12 PM IST
Inflation in food articles eased for the fifth straight month, recording (-) 4.69 per cent in September from (-) 1.29 per cent in August, mainly due to easing vegetable prices.
Published on Oct 14, 2021 01:17 PM IST
- The duty cuts will immediately lower prices and potentially stave food inflation soaring to multi-year highs because of costlier imports.
Published on Oct 14, 2021 04:29 AM IST
HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- A disaggregated analysis shows that the actual inflation picture is slightly more complicated than what the headline numbers suggest
Updated on Oct 14, 2021 05:37 AM IST
Siddaramaih and Shivakumar were accompanied by several other legislators of the Congress during their 'tanga' ride to the Assembly on Friday.
Published on Sep 24, 2021 01:09 PM IST
Fuel and power prices rose 26.09% in August year-on-year compared with 26.02% in July, while manufactured product prices rose 11.39% compared with 11.20% in the previous month.
Published on Sep 14, 2021 12:21 PM IST
Reuters | , New Delhi
BJP's Katni district unit chief in MP, Ramratan Payal, told a reporter there was no one to use cheap petrol in Afghanistan and the latter should get his refill from the war-torn nation.
Published on Aug 20, 2021 08:25 AM IST
- Sarang said that the BJP government launched schemes for welfare of poor people and increased their participation in the economy.
Published on Jul 31, 2021 08:06 PM IST
Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The wholesale price index (WPI) in India continued to grow in double digits for the third consecutive month in June.
Published on Jul 29, 2021 03:51 AM IST
Roshan KishoreVineet Sachdev, New Delhi
The study has been authored by Sudipta Sen.
Published on Jul 21, 2021 12:48 PM IST
- The RBI has been mandated by the government to keep retail inflation at 4 per cent with a margin of 2 per cent on the either side.
Updated on Jul 12, 2021 06:48 PM IST
hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Episodes of inflationary spike in India have often been driven by a sharp jump in non-core inflation.
Published on Jul 12, 2021 05:12 AM IST
Social and regional considerations aside, here are three things that will shape the economic narrative when the BJP seeks a third consecutive mandate in 2024.
Updated on Jul 10, 2021 04:42 AM IST
Roshan Kishore, New Delhi
It further added that a healthy monsoon coverage, gradually rising Kharif sowing and unlocking of states are expected to ease inflation.
Published on Jul 09, 2021 06:35 PM IST
ANI | | Posted by Shanza Khan, New Delhi
- The Reserve Bank panel may opt for a wait-and-watch policy at next meet.
Published on Jun 16, 2021 03:43 AM IST
Livemint | , MumbaiShayan Ghosh Kalpana Pathak
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Shaktikanta Das had defended the existing inflation target, contending that any further loosening would undermine the central bank’s ability to set effective monetary policy.
Published on Apr 01, 2021 07:17 AM IST
Livemint | , New DelhiAsit Ranjan Mishra
The recent fall in headline inflation; it fell from 7.61% in October 2020 to 4.06% in January 2021, before rising to 5.03% in February, was largely a reflection of a moderation in food inflation, which fell sharply from 11% in October 2020 to just 1.96% in January 2021.
Updated on Mar 15, 2021 06:41 AM IST
Retail inflation, as measured by Consumer Price Index (CPI) reversed its four-month-long decelerating spell to grow at 5.03% in February.
Updated on Mar 13, 2021 03:14 AM IST
- Food prices rebounded 3.87% in February against a 1.96% climb in January. High food costs affect poorer households more than affluent ones. The poor tend to spend a higher proportion of their monthly budgets on food.
Updated on Mar 12, 2021 08:30 PM IST
Zia Haq | Edited by Sohini Sarkar
"Trend inflation to which actual inflation converges after a shock provides an appropriate benchmark for the inflation target; trend inflation has fallen from above 9% before FIT to a range of 3.8%-4.3% during FIT," the RBI said in its release.
Published on Feb 26, 2021 02:25 PM IST
Reuters | | Posted by Prashasti Singh
Marico, which own brands as Saffola and Parachute, has faced inflationary pressure and had to go for an effective price hike.
Published on Jan 10, 2021 05:27 PM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
A Reuters poll of 50 economists conducted from November 4-9 predicted consumer prices rose 7.30% last month from a year earlier, a touch lower than September’s 7.34% rate.
Published on Nov 10, 2020 01:17 PM IST
Bengaluru |Reuters | Posted by Nilavro Ghosh